• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

Hi,

I used this great contribution for my site and everything works fine except for one thing: in only one of the categories the right column appears to go out of the main frame. In other words, it is not aligned with the rest of the store, as are all the other categories, boxes, etc.

You can take a look here:

http://ayurvedabookstore.com/index.php?cPath=21_27

If you click around, you'll se that the rest of the site looks consistently aligned.

Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this?

I am still working on the store before it comes alive and want it to look just right.

Thanks!

jailaxmi

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

I have another question about this contribution...

How do I change the stylesheet so that you don't have to click on a category to see a subcategory, but you can see all categories and subcategories right from the start? So, when someone enters my store they can see right away what type of products there are. I hope I'm being clear... :blush:

Thanks!

jailaxmi

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

Hi,

I used this great contribution for my site and everything works fine except for one thing: in only one of the categories the right column appears to go out of the main frame. In other words, it is not aligned with the rest of the store, as are all the other categories, boxes, etc.

You can take a look here:

http://ayurvedabookstore.com/index.php?cPath=21_27

If you click around, you'll se that the rest of the site looks consistently aligned.

Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this?

I am still working on the store before it comes alive and want it to look just right.

Thanks!

jailaxmi

OK, I figured it out... the menu on top of the category was messing things up, as some of the names (authors) were too long and were stretching the menu. So all good now!

jailaxmi

I have another question about this contribution...

How do I change the stylesheet so that you don't have to click on a category to see a subcategory, but you can see all categories and subcategories right from the start? So, when someone enters my store they can see right away what type of products there are. I hope I'm being clear... :blush:

Thanks!

jailaxmi

First let me say that i liked your site design and colors... :thumbsup:

You can not change the categories box to show all sub-categories in the stylesheet , to achive this effect you will need to edit the php code in the categories box directly or alternatively download and use another categories box with this functionality from the contribution section.

First let me say that i liked your site design and colors... :thumbsup:

You can not change the categories box to show all sub-categories in the stylesheet , to achive this effect you will need to edit the php code in the categories box directly or alternatively download and use another categories box with this functionality from the contribution section.

Hey, thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I'll do a search for the category menu thing... Thanks for the advise, too.

jailaxmi :D

Hi - I have installed the basic design pack and its saved me hours of tweaking after having to start from scratch after a disk failure - so thanks.

I am struggling trying to give the entire left hand column a background colour and can't find a class for it. I managed this on my previous site, but that wasn't using this contribution. Either something has changed or I am missing something I found before.... Where would I find one or create a class for the left_column so I can set a colour?

Thanks

Edited by blasto

Hi - I have installed the basic design pack and its saved me hours of tweaking after having to start from scratch after a disk failure - so thanks.

I am struggling trying to give the entire left hand column a background colour and can't find a class for it. I managed this on my previous site, but that wasn't using this contribution. Either something has changed or I am missing something I found before.... Where would I find one or create a class for the left_column so I can set a colour?

Thanks

Hi,

Easy way:

Create a new class in stylesheet.css , insert the style code into includes/column_left.php

Thats it ....Finished....

Still easy but requires a bit more work.

Create a new class in stylesheet.css

Now you will have to edit about all the .php files in your shops main folder

You insert the style class into the first instance of:

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top">

Thats it ...Finished...

Rember to press CTRL + F5 when viewing your site after having done stylesheet changes.... B)

I love the look, and am still changing colors and adding images, however, I have a problem!! Please look at my catalog page here: http://www.darlingtoys.com/shop and then click on one of the categories . All the product & category images have shrunk in width or height! Very strange. :wacko: Can you possibly help? I have image magic also installed, but this happened right after I installed the basic design pack.

Thanks!

~Rita

Hi,

Easy way:

Create a new class in stylesheet.css , insert the style code into includes/column_left.php

Thats it ....Finished....

Still easy but requires a bit more work.

Create a new class in stylesheet.css

Now you will have to edit about all the .php files in your shops main folder

You insert the style class into the first instance of:

Thats it ...Finished...

Rember to press CTRL + F5 when viewing your site after having done stylesheet changes.... B)

Thanks for the speedy response. It may just be my low level of coding knowledge, or just tiredness, but I'm not getting the result I want. I have removed most of the info boxes from the left hand column, so the column is now quite short. When the main area extents beyond the length of the info boxes, I'm left with a white space at the bottom of the left hand column. I suspect the solution is simple, but its just not working for me. I have a new column_left class in my stylesheet, but the background colour won't extend beyond the bottom of the last info box.

I love the look, and am still changing colors and adding images, however, I have a problem!! Please look at my catalog page here: http://www.darlingtoys.com/shop and then click on one of the categories . All the product & category images have shrunk in width or height! Very strange. :wacko: Can you possibly help? I have image magic also installed, but this happened right after I installed the basic design pack.

Thanks!

I did a backup which uninstalled image magic, but still have that problem with the images. They won't scale correctly. When I leave height or width blank, I get the large image.

~Rita

I did a backup which uninstalled image magic, but still have that problem with the images. They won't scale correctly. When I leave height or width blank, I get the large image.

Hi, when using the basic design pack in the version which includes the automatic thumbnails functionality, you should never leave the height or the width blank, always set the wanted width and height.

The automatic thumbnails also takes into consideration the images original scale when making thumbs so you will not get stretched images.

Att. This only applies to jpg pictures , the automatic thumbnails contrib does not resize gif images. (it can also resize gifs , but if you want that you will have to change one line in includes/functions/html_output.php )

Thanks for the speedy response. It may just be my low level of coding knowledge, or just tiredness, but I'm not getting the result I want. I have removed most of the info boxes from the left hand column, so the column is now quite short. When the main area extents beyond the length of the info boxes, I'm left with a white space at the bottom of the left hand column. I suspect the solution is simple, but its just not working for me. I have a new column_left class in my stylesheet, but the background colour won't extend beyond the bottom of the last info box.

Eighter set your left column to expand 100% or follow alternative metode number 2 to color the side.

Thanks again for the speedy response. It was my tiredness - a fresh look this morning and I'd made a simple mistake in the index.php file so nothing was changing on the shop front. Works a treat now, so sorry to take up your time.

Cheers.

I installed basic design pack also and it it a real nice contribution

only i have 1 problem

When i install dutch language pack my index (main page streches out on the right side)

if i click on another link it works fine only the main index streches a bit out

can someone help me with this problem ?

Hi, when using the basic design pack in the version which includes the automatic thumbnails functionality, you should never leave the height or the width blank, always set the wanted width and height.

The automatic thumbnails also takes into consideration the images original scale when making thumbs so you will not get stretched images.

Att. This only applies to jpg pictures , the automatic thumbnails contrib does not resize gif images. (it can also resize gifs , but if you want that you will have to change one line in includes/functions/html_output.php )

Hi! Thanks for writing back! :D I tried every html output in the folder, but nothing worked, so I went back to the original html_output (untouched) so I could remove the automatic thumbnail, but it's still not resizing. Before I installed the basic design pack, when I left the height or width blank, it scaled well. Is there any way to get the image settings back to the way they were? :huh:

Thank you!

~Rita

I fixed the center thingy but i sa another problem now

When i install the basic design hack the footer shows up @ the right side of the sideboxes

here are some screenshots

http://www.sybakaos.net/problem.JPG

http://www.sybakaos.net/problem1.JPG

I hope someone can fix this problem

When i click on the button Cart Contents than it shows up ok but in main menu and other links not

Nobody that can help me ?

If you have done no other mods yet.

You should try to re-upload all the basic design pack files overwriting all the relevant files in your install.

Then it should work.

Hi Nick,

After installing those replacement pictures I seem to get a red x for the notification icon. I confirmed that there is indeed an image account_notifications.gif.

Also, I am not sure if this is related but when you click on the little arrow that is next to the text "Notifications" I receive an error. This happens when both logged in as a member and when not logged in. Im not sure if this is relevant but it seems to try to access the page via my shared ssl b/c this is what was in the address bar: https://mysharedsslip/myusername/FILENAME_P...ea8eef080cbe596.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Hi! Thanks for writing back! :D I tried every html output in the folder, but nothing worked, so I went back to the original html_output (untouched) so I could remove the automatic thumbnail, but it's still not resizing. Before I installed the basic design pack, when I left the height or width blank, it scaled well. Is there any way to get the image settings back to the way they were? :huh:

Thank you!

If you use your original html_output.php , you did make a backup right? , then you can go back to setting the height or the width blank in admin for the images to keep their propotions.

If you use one of the html_output.php files in the basic design pack which also includes the automatic thumbnails funktion , alwasy have a value set for both width and heigh for the images in admin.

The setings discussed here are locate dunder:

admin>>configuration>>images

Hi Nick,

After installing those replacement pictures I seem to get a red x for the notification icon. I confirmed that there is indeed an image account_notifications.gif.

Also, I am not sure if this is related but when you click on the little arrow that is next to the text "Notifications" I receive an error. This happens when both logged in as a member and when not logged in. Im not sure if this is relevant but it seems to try to access the page via my shared ssl b/c this is what was in the address bar: https://mysharedsslip/myusername/FILENAME_P...ea8eef080cbe596.

Any ideas?

TIA.

About the image, check its size..sometimes it gets broken during upload..will then usually 0 kb

Just upload the image again....

If you have set your site to use ssl , links to all pages which is in the checkout or the account part will try to go to the set ssl address.

I have this contribution and love it. thank you so much for all your work. I am stuck on one thing. I want my search box at the top in the left column and don't want it to say anything but Advanced Search under it. Simple and clean just like it is here

look i want

Everytime I try it comes up broken. Can you please help me with this one last thing and then I can get back to growing my plants for the store!!!

My site

tia

got it, now to make the box a bit smaller with text just underneath. thanks!

Your site is comming along very nicly ..... B)

To make it smaller, higher on the page you can also remove this from: includes/boxes/search.php

(This will remove the box heading space and graphics)

For Basic Design Pack 1.6

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);

new SearchBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

For default oscommerce and/or Basic Design Pack 1.5 and down:

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);