• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

I tried your basic design again after i had re-installed osc.

it works well and i appreciate it.

but only problem is that when i click links on the category area with arrows, the main content would show missing image.. i thought everything was removed if i use your basic design 1.5?

thanks

is there any way to change/add links on the header?

for example: Create Account| Login| Cart| Profile|Contact Us|

Those links can be edited in in this file: includes/header.php

AWESOME CONTRIB!!! yes I am yelling :lol: thanks very much

one question though. What is the difference between

html_output.php2.2ms2-051113

and

html_output.php

??

I'm having the same prob as someone before with the add to cart button to show up. I've managed to get all other buttons in use that I want but not this one.

A previous post said to change tep_image_button to tep_image which worked

However when I try to modify the tep_image_submit to tep_image the button shows but does not link anymore.

html_output.php2.2ms2-051113

is for the latest oscommerce release 2.2ms2-051113

and

html_output.php

is for the oscommerce release 2.2ms2

I have not seen it reported that the add to cart button does not show up...the previous post was in regards to a non standard click to enlarge image button.

if you change from tep_image_button to tep_image you will also have to input the link properties aswell.

I tried your basic design again after i had re-installed osc.

it works well and i appreciate it.

but only problem is that when i click links on the category area with arrows, the main content would show missing image.. i thought everything was removed if i use your basic design 1.5?

thanks

If you have uploaded all the files and images and overwritten those from the original instalation of oscommerce you will have no "cartoon" images and a new set of arrows.

The basic design pack does not remove the default product and category images from the oscommerce install, those you can simply remove by just deleting the test products and categories in your shops admin area.

Then you can start to make your own categories and insert your products.

I installed your Badic Desing Pack 1.5 for JP os commerce.

First there was error on

virtual/beautypeau/public_html/shopping/catalog/includes/header.php on line 51

so I changed original JP oscommerce header.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

---------------------------------------------------------

to

----------------------------------

<div class="fixcenter">

---------------------------------------------------

and

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

-----------------------------------------------

to

-------------------------------------------------------------------

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

------------------------------------------------------

and

I used your one of he html_output.php (html_output-nothumb.php)

the page is working now but the link is not working.

The address say

www.beautypeau.comdir_ws_http_catalogproduct_info.php/?products_id=32&&utm_id=400011&utm_content=assist&utm_source=wdz1&utm_medium=bund&utm_campaign=wdz0605a

I installed your Badic Desing Pack 1.5 for JP os commerce.

First there was error on

virtual/beautypeau/public_html/shopping/catalog/includes/header.php on line 51

so I changed original JP oscommerce header.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

---------------------------------------------------------

to

----------------------------------

<div class="fixcenter">

---------------------------------------------------

and

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

-----------------------------------------------

to

-------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------

and

I used your one of he html_output.php (html_output-nothumb.php)

the page is working now but the link is not working.

The address say

www.beautypeau.comdir_ws_http_catalogproduct_info.php/?products_id=32&&utm_id=400011&utm_content=assist&utm_source=wdz1&utm_medium=bund&utm_campaign=wdz0605a

It might be that your version has a pre-modified html_output.php file....

In such a case, use the original html_output.php file from your own oscommerce version....

This will still give you all the functions from the design pack except css buttons and automatic thumbnails.

If you still want those you will then have to add them manually into your original html_output.php file.

Thank you !

I used original html_output.php, now it is working.

I still have question.

Is any way I can change main box size?

body width: 780px and left and right box width is 140

but I do not know how to change contents main box width.

I took all left side box off.

my page is like this now

http://www.beautypeau.com/shopping/catalog/default.php

Edited by hikosan

I tried to fix all the php file. such as 100% to 600

Now it is working...........I think

Hi, by your shops url starting with default.php it appers that your problems might arise from the fact that you are using an old oscommerce version. osCommerce MS1

The basic design pack and the files in it is based on osCommerce MS2.2

But it seems that you did get it to work anyway.... :thumbsup:

I have not seen it reported that the add to cart button does not show up...the previous post was in regards to a non standard click to enlarge image button.

if you change from tep_image_button to tep_image you will also have to input the link properties aswell.

I am reffering to the tep_image_submit buttons. eg. quick_find, continue, sign in

I'm guessing that I have to edit the html_output pages. I've tried editing out the code begin CSS buttons everywhere but I actually lose my right colum when I add // infront of the lines.

ie.

////

// The HTML form submit button wrapper function

// Outputs a button in the selected language

// BEGIN: CSS Buttons Everywhere

//function tep_image_submit($image, $value = '-AltValue-', $parameters = '') {

// global $language;

// $css_submit = '<input type="submit" class="cssButton" value="' . tep_output_string($value) . '" />';

// return $css_submit;

//}

// END: CSS Buttons Everywhere

////

// Output a function button in the selected language

// BEGIN: CSS Buttons Everywhere

//function tep_image_button($image, $value = '-AltValue-', $parameters = '') {

// global $language;

// $image = '<div class="cssButton">?' . tep_output_string($value) . '?</div>';

// return $image;

//}

// END: CSS Buttons Everywhere

Am I missing something?? Do I need to remove something else in the css??

okay, I found exactly where you said to enter the background, so sorry.

I was working on the text on main page and somehow messed up something. I'm uploading a stylesheet (yours) that has greens on the banners ( change from pink), but it's not taking and somehow on computers besides mine, the page isn't centered and there are NO colors on the banners. What can I do to fix this, I have refreshed, and even rebooted and cleared cache. They are different and it's not accepting the color changes. Can you tell from here My Webpage what I've done wrong? For me it's centered, the only thing is the colors won't change. But on 3 other computers with the same monitor settings as mine, it's full page, no header colors at all.

Hi! Great contrib, i really like how easy it made stuff.

One problem for me , im a newb. I changed my color scheme in stylesheet,

now i want to add a header graphic with my logo and graphic across the top. Could you tell me how this is done?

THX!

Page is www.fish-ohio.com using it as my test domain before i send to live side

ok so i figured out how to insert the image, only it isnt sized right. image is /images/dave.gif

I would like it to span the entire width of the header, it starts to repeat the image towards the end.

also it looks like it gets cut off a bit at the bottom. could you give me the code to make the header bigger? is it in stylesheet or in header.php?

ok so i figured out how to insert the image, only it isnt sized right. image is /images/dave.gif

I would like it to span the entire width of the header, it starts to repeat the image towards the end.

also it looks like it gets cut off a bit at the bottom. could you give me the code to make the header bigger? is it in stylesheet or in header.php?

The image is added in the file includes/header.php

Just change:

To:

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . ' your-images-name.gif', ' Your Shops Name ') . '</a>'; ?></td>

The default widt set in the basic design pack is 778 px , when you make a new header image just make it 778 px wide and the height is adjusted according to your images height.

Edited by toyicebear

okay, I found exactly where you said to enter the background, so sorry.

I was working on the text on main page and somehow messed up something. I'm uploading a stylesheet (yours) that has greens on the banners ( change from pink), but it's not taking and somehow on computers besides mine, the page isn't centered and there are NO colors on the banners. What can I do to fix this, I have refreshed, and even rebooted and cleared cache. They are different and it's not accepting the color changes. Can you tell from here My Webpage what I've done wrong? For me it's centered, the only thing is the colors won't change. But on 3 other computers with the same monitor settings as mine, it's full page, no header colors at all.

Hi, the link takes me nowhere so i can not really say whats wrong...

But using internet explorer its just to press CTRL + F5 when viewing your webpage to view recent changes to the stylesheet.

ok, I'm an idiot. <_< <_<

Basic, to remove CSS Buttons everywhere just re-install the html_output.php file :blush: :blush:

Yes, that is correct. All the rest of the Basic Design Pack functions except css buttons and automatic thumbnails will work with the original html_output.php in place.

I will release a new version with an extra alternative html_output.php with automatic thumbnails but without css buttons.

thanks for looking, I had messed with so many files I was lost. Did a reinstall with new addy.

I have one more problem, then I'm leaving it alone for now. Is there a set size for a middle picture so that I don't have to change the columns, but just change my picture in the middle?? If you wouldn't mind taking a peak, you can see it throws everything off just a bit.

http://brugmansias.us/catalog/

ok i added the image as you said, and adjusted the pixel width is photoshop to 778, it created the image but its still only half the width, is there a way to tell the image to stretch all the way across?

post ur url and i will have a look...

But if you have used the files supplied in the basic design pack and overwritten the files from your original install....the header should automatically be the size of the header image you upload.

thanks for looking, I had messed with so many files I was lost. Did a reinstall with new addy.

I have one more problem, then I'm leaving it alone for now. Is there a set size for a middle picture so that I don't have to change the columns, but just change my picture in the middle?? If you wouldn't mind taking a peak, you can see it throws everything off just a bit.

http://brugmansias.us/catalog/

Your current center picture is 481 px , if you resize it to about 450 px i think everything would look ok...

Edited by toyicebear

Basic Design Pack 1.6 released, Link.....

What's New?

1. Infobox Customizer by Jorge Suarez , This lets you control the styles of your infoboxes on an individual basis in the stylesheet.css file

2. One more alternative html_output.php added to the pack. This html_output.php is for those who wish to have the automatic thumbnails function but not the css buttons.

Hi,

I used this great contribution for my site and everything works fine except for one thing: in only one of the categories the right column appears to go out of the main frame. In other words, it is not aligned with the rest of the store, as are all the other categories, boxes, etc.

You can take a look here:

http://ayurvedabookstore.com/index.php?cPath=21_27

If you click around, you'll se that the rest of the site looks consistently aligned.

Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

jailaxmi

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)