• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

this will give you all the functions in the package except - automatic thumbnails and css buttons.

this was exactly what i like to use :-"

is there a workaround ?

have somebody else problems with it ?

thank you

Edited by Guido

Try this and let me know if it works....

Tried this too but something strange happens... it just causes the product info page to go blank after the title.

I'll keep looking at this more to see what's up... if you have any ideas please let me know! :)

this was exactly what i like to use :-"

is there a workaround ?

have somebody else problems with it ?

thank you

I will upload a new version with an alternative html_output.php which will be compatible with the latest snapshot.

Try this one....

If this one does not work , the problem is more than likly to that your server does not have the required gdlib support needed for the thumbnails contribution.

Basic design pack 1.5 now available, Link...

Added:

One more alternative html_output.php added to the pack. This html_output.php is for those who use the latest oscommerce snapshot , oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113

Edited by toyicebear

Tried this too but something strange happens... it just causes the product info page to go blank after the title.

I'll keep looking at this more to see what's up... if you have any ideas please let me know! :)

Use this one:

<script language="javascript"><!--

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $Qproduct->valueInt('products_id')) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $Qproduct->value('products_image'), addslashes($Qproduct->value('products_name')), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . tep_image('images/image_enlarge.gif', TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</a>'; ?>');

//--></script>

<noscript>

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $Qproduct->value('products_image')) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $Qproduct->value('products_image'), $Qproduct->value('products_name'), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . tep_image('images/image_enlarge.gif', TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</a>'; ?>

Att: Remember to upload a copy of the image image_enlarge.gif to your images folder.....

Edited by toyicebear

I f i want use this background? http://snipesshop.de/

How do make it?

thank

You can make 1 image ending with the "shadow" effect on both sides, this image should be made in the width you want your site to be.

Then you set this as a centered background image with center aligmnet and repeate-y .

The sections in the stylesheet where this is done is here:

BODY {

text-align: center;

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

.fixcenter {

width: 778px;

border: solid; border-width: 1px;

margin: auto;

margin-top: 20px;

text-align: left;

}

Playing around with these settings you can adjust it to your liking.

Att: Rember to press CTRL + F5 when viewing your site after having made changes to the stylesheet.

Thanks for your great contribution. I have installed it (version 1.5) successfully except that every Category Count Number starts from a new line. I changed the categories.php file as follows:

if (tep_has_category_subcategories($counter)) {
  $categories_string .= '';
}

// $categories_string .= '</a>';

$categories_string .= "  ";

if (SHOW_COUNTS == 'true') {
  $products_in_category = tep_count_products_in_category($counter);
  if ($products_in_category > 0) {
	$categories_string .= '(' . $products_in_category . ')';
  }
}
 $categories_string .= '</a>'; 
  // $categories_string .= '<br>';
  $categories_string .= '</div>';

Edited by sctsang

I f i want move the page on the top of the browser???

Change:

To:

margin-top: 0px;

Thanks for your great contribution. I have installed it (version 1.5) successfully except that every Category Count Number starts from a new line. I changed the categories.php file as follows:

if (tep_has_category_subcategories($counter)) {
  $categories_string .= '';
}

// $categories_string .= '</a>';

$categories_string .= "  ";

if (SHOW_COUNTS == 'true') {
  $products_in_category = tep_count_products_in_category($counter);
  if ($products_in_category > 0) {
	$categories_string .= '(' . $products_in_category . ')';
  }
}
 $categories_string .= '</a>'; 
  // $categories_string .= '<br>';
  $categories_string .= '</div>';

That should do the trick.....

But a small tip, going into your admin and setting show category count to False will give you a tider looking category box aswell as reduce your db querie count drastically and by that make your site load faster.

I have add a grafic to yuor contrib but i need know how reduce the weith of the box see my site please, http://www.needforexhaust.com/catalog2 i have add my modified category.php and i want that all box most be same the category box.

What i make??

Bye thanks

I had a look, it seems that you have fixed it..since all the boxes now have the same width....

But for others with the same question, the box width is set in includes/application_top.php

Yes i have fix it thank a lot!!! your feedback??

Thank bye

Your sites design is comming along very nicly... :-)

Hi

Great contribution. I have played around with stylesheet.css and got most of the changes I want working, but I just can't seem to get a background image to display.

:'( Sorry to be a complete dunce, but could you show me exactly what the relevant section of the stylesheet should read to diplay http:// www.mydomain/image/image.png as my page background.

Thanks very much

Mike

hi! i installd the contrib and its running very well but i have one small problem: i cant remove the cartoonisch icons...

can u help me please???

greetzz from lake constanz germany

Hi

Great contribution. I have played around with stylesheet.css and got most of the changes I want working, but I just can't seem to get a background image to display.

:'( Sorry to be a complete dunce, but could you show me exactly what the relevant section of the stylesheet should read to diplay http:// www.mydomain/image/image.png as my page background.

Thanks very much

Mike

1. upload the wanted background image to your shops /images/ folder

2. in stylesheet.css, instead of this:

use this:

background-image: url("images/image.png");

When you want to view the result after a stylesheet change, press CTRL + F5 when viewing your site.

hi! i installd the contrib and its running very well but i have one small problem: i cant remove the cartoonisch icons...

can u help me please???

greetzz from lake constanz germany

When you upload the files and folders from the pack to your webserver , you will be asked to overwrite old files...say yes to this one.

Then among other all the cartoonish images will be replaced with transparent gifs, ie. not visible anymore.

To view the changes correctly, you need to press CTRL + F5 when viewing the site after the changes is done.

Internet Explorer will then give you the new changes directly while Firefox sometimes require several goes before showing the new changes.

Edited by toyicebear

Hi

Thanks very much

Mike

Read my previous reply to you on how to insert an image in the stylesheet...

The place to set images for inner and/or outer site background is in this portion of the stylesheet:

BODY {

text-align: center;

margin: 0px;

}

.fixcenter {

width: 778px;

border: solid; border-width: 1px;

margin: auto;

text-align: left;

}

AWESOME CONTRIB!!! yes I am yelling :lol: thanks very much

one question though. What is the difference between

html_output.php2.2ms2-051113

and

html_output.php

??

I'm having the same prob as someone before with the add to cart button to show up. I've managed to get all other buttons in use that I want but not this one.

A previous post said to change tep_image_button to tep_image which worked

However when I try to modify the tep_image_submit to tep_image the button shows but does not link anymore.

AWESOME CONTRIB!!! yes I am yelling :lol: thanks very much

one question though. What is the difference between

html_output.php2.2ms2-051113

and

html_output.php

??

I'm having the same prob as someone before with the add to cart button to show up. I've managed to get all other buttons in use that I want but not this one.

A previous post said to change tep_image_button to tep_image which worked

However when I try to modify the tep_image_submit to tep_image the button shows but does not link anymore.

i dont know about cart button, but for html_output.php2.2ms2-051113, if you are using osc new version 2.2, use that. it doesnt matter whether you use it or not i suppose.