• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

Hi you have several options...

1. you can make the total site with wider in stylesheet.css

or

2. you can set the image size in your admin to be less wide.

or

3. you can modify includes/modules?new_products.php to only show 2 product/images pr. row.

Thanks for the given options, but i am sorry, i do not understand what to do right now. I think option 1 is good for me,

but how or what do i have to change in styleshees.ccs. You mean this? ;

.fixcenter {

width: 850px; and then change this to e.g. 1000px?

But if I do this, then people with lower screenresolution have to scroll from left to right, so how can we fix it, that people don't have to scroll

and that background right-top-header and right-top-nagivation-header is filled automaticly with the background color given in the stylesheet?

So for examle, the header background will fill white color automaticly and navigation below header automaticly fill blue color.

(www.prohippo.nl)

Hope you understand what i am saying, because i dont know how to explain it correctly.(my english s*cks)

----------

Then also if you see on my index page, the new product module, you see the images are not aligned very nice, i think i like it better

if it is one alignment, now it looks like 3 different heights. It seems like the images are aligned top of the box, can this also be set to bottom?

------

Well thats all, hope you can help me once more toyicebear or anybody else.

With kind regards,

Rob Veraar

Thanks for the given options, but i am sorry, i do not understand what to do right now. I think option 1 is good for me,

but how or what do i have to change in styleshees.ccs. You mean this? ;

.fixcenter {

width: 850px; and then change this to e.g. 1000px?

But if I do this, then people with lower screenresolution have to scroll from left to right, so how can we fix it, that people don't have to scroll

and that background right-top-header and right-top-nagivation-header is filled automaticly with the background color given in the stylesheet?

So for examle, the header background will fill white color automaticly and navigation below header automaticly fill blue color.

(www.prohippo.nl)

If you do not want to increase the site width, then do one of the following as suggested earlier:

2. you can set the image size in your admin to be less wide.

or

3. you can modify includes/modules?new_products.php to only show 2 product/images pr. row.

And please do not "Litter" up the support tread by re-asking questions where suggestions/help has been given already.

ok toyicebear,

you are right, i was littering the forum. Sorry for this, you already gave me the answer! Thank you, I have made it working now.

But could you please help me with this last problem; www.prohippo.nl

On my index page, the new product module, you see the images are not aligned very nice, i think i like it better

if it is one alignment, now it looks like 3 different heights. It seems like the images are aligned top of the box, can this also be set to bottom?

Thank you in advance,

Rob

ok toyicebear,

you are right, i was littering the forum. Sorry for this, you already gave me the answer! Thank you, I have made it working now.

But could you please help me with this last problem; www.prohippo.nl

On my index page, the new product module, you see the images are not aligned very nice, i think i like it better

Thank you in advance,

Rob

this can be adjusted in this file includes/modules/new_products.php

toyicebear,

Thanks for the support pack.

I was just wondering how to remove the box without the image beside "What's New Here".

Can it be done? Dun like the square box.... hehe

toyicebear,

Thanks for the support pack.

I was just wondering how to remove the box without the image beside "What's New Here".

Can it be done? Dun like the square box.... hehe

There are some 1x1 transparent images in the /images/ folder

resize them and make them lets say 50x50 px and it will be ok.

There are some 1x1 transparent images in the /images/ folder

resize them and make them lets say 50x50 px and it will be ok.

Yeap, sure, thanks for feedback....

I still have a long way to learn... ha ha

New version, BDP 2.5 added to the contributions section.

Changes from 2.4 to 2.5

Due to a function in the new thumbnailer, some of the default 1x1 px images would not show, these images have now been resized to 50x50px.

New version, BDP 2.5 added to the contributions section.

Changes from 2.4 to 2.5

Due to a function in the new thumbnailer, some of the default 1x1 px images would not show, these images have now been resized to 50x50px.

I used your contrib and got the exact look I was looking for. But ever since I installed it, the whole site got very slow. I just made a couple of changes to the mod:

changed the margin color

Added a gif file across the top to replace the OSC logo

changed the 20 px at the top to 0

Any idea what could have caused it to slow down?

Thanks in advance

I used your contrib and got the exact look I was looking for. But ever since I installed it, the whole site got very slow. I just made a couple of changes to the mod:

changed the margin color

Added a gif file across the top to replace the OSC logo

changed the 20 px at the top to 0

Any idea what could have caused it to slow down?

Thanks in advance

It should not slow down the site in any noticable way....

It should actually make it faster due to the use of an automatic thumbnails generator.

But do make sure that you have show category count set to false in admin under configuration >> my store

Edited by toyicebear

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I am using this template on my store, but I don't seem to be able to see prodcut attributes in the main store even though I have added some in the admin section.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Dan

You make attributes and assign them to individual products in admin under catalog >> product attributes

Step 1. make options and attributes

Step 2. assign options and attributes to the individual products

Have you done any changes to the files?

Standard oscommerce with BDP added should show attributes on the product info page.

Have you done any changes to the files?

Standard oscommerce with BDP added should show attributes on the product info page.

I have made some modifications to column_left and column_right also added lightbox. It's funny I don't get any attributes displayed with the product instead of errors or empty drop downs.

Which files do a I need to look in to make sure attributes will be displayed?

Cheers Dan

Hey all, please help me here. I was trying to install a fresh copy of OSC2.2, followed by the Design Pack 2.5.

This is what I did:

1. Installed the OSC2.2 (WORKS)

2. uploaded the catalog from design pack into the htdoc (home folder) of the server, it replaced original files. (Now when i go to my localhost, I see a blank white page)

3. I try to rename every html_output-whatever.php to html_output.php to see if anything will show on localhost, no luck....I'm stuck.

I tried those steps a number of times, fresh installs, etc. :blink:

Can anyone give me more detailed instructions how to install the Design Pack?

Edited by dollarstore

Hey all, please help me here. I was trying to install a fresh copy of OSC2.2, followed by the Design Pack 2.5.

This is what I did:

1. Installed the OSC2.2 (WORKS)

2. uploaded the catalog from design pack into the htdoc (home folder) of the server, it replaced original files. (Now when i go to my localhost, I see a blank white page)

3. I try to rename every html_output-whatever.php to html_output.php to see if anything will show on localhost, no luck....I'm stuck.

I tried those steps a number of times, fresh installs, etc. :blink:

Can anyone give me more detailed instructions how to install the Design Pack?

Thats how you do it....just upload and overwrite....

Most problems like you describe comes from the mentioned includes/functions/html_output.php and your server/hostings support for automatic thumbnails.

Try to use the html_output.php file without automatic thumbnails.

Thats how you do it....just upload and overwrite....

Most problems like you describe comes from the mentioned includes/functions/html_output.php and your server/hostings support for automatic thumbnails.

Try to use the html_output.php file without automatic thumbnails.

Thanks for the quick respond Nick, I tried every "html_output.php" file in the package, but the closest thing I got to anything working was the header by itself show up.

Were you talking about html_output-nothumb.php?

Edited by dollarstore

Thanks for the quick respond Nick, I tried every "html_output.php" file in the package, but the closest thing I got to anything working was the header by itself show up.

Were you talking about html_output-nothumb.php?

yes

Hi again,

I would like to make a subtle change to the categories box, after each category I would like it to display the number of items in that category rather then display it under the category name.

Cheers Dan

This you can do by modifying includes/boxes/categories.php