• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Replace TEXTAREA with Rich Content Editor

orviwan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see the exact same problem, have you found a fix yet?

The box is collapsed its there but as thin as a hair you can actually click in it and type something even though you can't see what your typing and the hit update and the customer will receive the comment.

Would be nice to see what you are typing though.

I will work on it and if I find a fix I will post it here.

go to admin/orders.php seargh for <?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5'); ?></td> replace it with <?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '70', '15'); ?></td>

have you see this? http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=436

does anyone fix this with OSC? I think we need a toggle button (Enable/Disable) for tinyMCE

For the moment when I want to write a comment to a customer for his Order Status, I simple rename the name of "tiny_mce.js" to tiny_mce___CLOSED____.js" in the catalog/admin/includes/header.php so I sent the comment in simple TEXT and not in HTML. .... Untill someone create a "Toogle" Button. :blush:

I am very new to oscommerce and would like to know if the page should paste

this before the <table> at the top of the code page or the <table> on the bottom.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

tinyMCE.init({

mode : "textareas"

});

</script>

Then After that what is the next step to start editing, for example, the contact page or the header.

Do I just open the page in an outside editor? Or is this done on the configuration application?

• 3 weeks later...

i have this error :

categories.php

categs.jpg

preview

preview.jpg

user :

<font face="tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif" size="5"><font size="7"><font size="2">jh</font><font color="#ffff00">fdg</font>d<font size="4">s</font><font color="#99cc00">gfs</font><font size="4">d</font> </font><br /></font>

how can I resolve?

i have this error :

categories.php

categs.jpg

preview

preview.jpg

user :

<font face="tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif" size="5"><font size="7"><font size="2">jh</font><font color="#ffff00">fdg</font>d<font size="4">s</font><font color="#99cc00">gfs</font><font size="4">d</font> </font><br /></font>

how can I resolve?

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to achieve! I can't see any actual error in your "user" coding, but your HTML is rather unusual!

1. Is the second 'd' meant to be stuck outside on its own and not in its own <font> ?

2. You are mixing up older HTML coding using font (which is now deprecated) and <br /> which is only required in "newer" versions of HTML (older versions use <br>) osCommerce appears to be written using an older version of HTML.

If you say what you are trying to do, then I may be able to help.

The whole idea is really excellent. But I am short in skills to find out how to edit all those *.php files. I practically can't use the editor, while the only I see is PHP code. Is there some special setting?

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know how to get a file upload option configured for this, putting the path to the image is a pain and installing something to allow the upload and insert option would be perfect.

Cheers

Check out the FCKeditor. It's very good and can be integrated here also

-Shelon Padmore

I am very new to oscommerce and would like to know if the page should paste

this before the <table> at the top of the code page or the <table> on the bottom.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>

tinyMCE.init({

});

</script>

Then After that what is the next step to start editing, for example, the contact page or the header.

Do I just open the page in an outside editor? Or is this done on the configuration application?

Hi.

I have the same problem as steven. Do anybody know what is wrong?:

I'm trying to edit the main page (index.php in Languages).... you know the "This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...\'); text information. All the middle text. When I delet alle the HTML text and press save, all the remaning code shows up on top of the screen... this code is suppose to be hidden as it was before. What am I doing wrong?

In sending emails through osCommerce with the tinyMCE installed, it appears not to send the format with it. When tested, I receive an email with all the html coding in it. Any advice?

Thank you

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

Thank you so much for posting this helpful install instruction. I have spent the last three nights trying to configure numerous html editors to no avail.

Cheers,

Mike :thumbsup:

I was playing around with the tinymce editor and the WYSIWYG v1_7. Together they make an awesome editor. It allows you to send HTML and/or regular text. No need to toggle off the editor at any point. Just follow the 2 links in my signature to get the best of both worlds.

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

I found this very easy to integrate into osCommerce 2.2-MS2.

Here's how:

1. Download TinyMCE (see above).

2. Extract the TinyMCE .zip file to a temporary location.

3. Copy the contents of the \tinymce\jscripts\tiny_mce\ folder from the temporary location to /admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/ on the web server.

4. Edit /admin/includes/header.php and insert the following lines before the <table> tag.

CODE

tinyMCE.init({

});

</script>

That's it, now every <TEXTAREA> within the Administration site will be automatically replaced with a powerful inline html editor.

You will see the editor when adding or editing a product, maybe in other places too.

See the TinyMCE readme or website for ways you can tweak the editor, the default settings don't do it justice.

This walk through is amzing! Thanks guys I can organize my text or info of my product the way i want it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

if you want full advance use

tinyMCE.init({

mode : "textareas",

theme : "advanced",

plugins : "table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,z

oom,flash,searchreplace,print,contextmenu",

theme_advanced_buttons1_add_before : "save,separator",

theme_advanced_buttons1_add : "fontselect,fontsizeselect",

theme_advanced_buttons2_add : "separator,insertdate,inserttime,preview,zoom,separator,forecolor,backcolor",

theme_advanced_buttons2_add_before: "cut,copy,paste,separator,search,replace,separator",

theme_advanced_buttons3_add_before : "tablecontrols,separator",

theme_advanced_buttons3_add : "emotions,iespell,flash,advhr,separator,print",

theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",

theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",

theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",

plugin_insertdate_dateFormat : "%Y-%m-%d",

plugin_insertdate_timeFormat : "%H:%M:%S",

extended_valid_elements : "a[name|href|target|title|onclick],img[class|src|border=0|alt|title|hspace|v

space|width|height|align|onmouseover|onmouseout|name],hr[class|width|size|noshade

],font[face|size|color|style],span[class|align|style]",

external_link_list_url : "example_data/example_link_list.js",

external_image_list_url : "example_data/example_image_list.js",

flash_external_list_url : "example_data/example_flash_list.js"

});

</script>

Does any one know if there any way to make product description area biger in admin?

Thanks

Ok all i need to know is if there is a way to turn this off when you want standard text.

This does not work well with "send email" which is plain text. Any way to have the off and on option?

any advice?

Use FCK editor... it works good for emails too.

I uploaded a new full package with the last version and with easy corrected install instructions. Plus Addons for other contributions.

Topic: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=289242

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

Archived