• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods

olsonsp4c

Never mind. I have found the answer.

There was a dir included in the mod "Tracking Buttons Mod" which addressed my problem.

I applied the mod and it worked.

Thanks.

thanks for looking there. glad to here it is working. do you have my addon working on RC2 now?

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have installed this three times and I keep getting a "blank" page in the admin section orders.php? I don't know what to look for. I did not get an email when I did a test, but I tested sending an email through the admin area email area and it doesn't work at all so that is not a contribution problem. Any ideas? Thanks, Amy

I have installed this three times and I keep getting a "blank" page in the admin section orders.php? I don't know what to look for. I did not get an email when I did a test, but I tested sending an email through the admin area email area and it doesn't work at all so that is not a contribution problem. Any ideas? Thanks, Amy

Amy,

That is quite the issue. I have not tested this contribution on RC1 or RC2 yet, though I have posted some fixes on this forum that should make it RC1 compatible. 1st - go to the configuration section under "My Store" and make sure there is an email address in the "send extra order emails to" part so that you get emails when orders are made. I think that you should consider re-uploading the RC2 version of admin/orders.php and it's language counterpart and then reinstall the changes to those 2 files in the contribution instructions because it sounds like those files are corrupted in your installation. Hopefully, you haven't made to many mods to your installation. Another option is to re-upload the backups you made before installing the contribution and forget using it.

thanks for writing!

Scott

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

I've repackaged, upgraded, modded, and corrected a bunch of stuff in my addon. It is now called "Package Tracking Plus" - takes multiple tracking numbers per carrier and is compatible with RC2. I will still support it here.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5798

Enjoy!

Scott

Hello everybody,

I've repackaged, upgraded, modded, and corrected a bunch of stuff in my addon. It is now called "Package Tracking Plus" - takes multiple tracking numbers per carrier and is compatible with RC2. I will still support it here.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5798

Enjoy!

Scott

Hello Scott, and thx for for work...and also for the reply the other day..

Well, I have 3/8 version...that I was just reading ready to install, but I read this>

* UPDATE 2.0->2.1 *

1. Add the contents of the update.sql to your mysql database. This works best if you use phpmyadmin.

This is REQUIRED in order this addon to function properly.

2. 2.1 is a major update, so you will need to re-edit nearly every file below (it took me a long time too)

3. Don't forget to re-upload the Cron Job mod and re-edit Order Editor mod files

And was wondering if " I was NOT " upgrading, if I had to do it?

I guess I'll scrap what I am doing at this point, and go get the latest release...But I thought I would ask the question, as not to screw anything up...

Thx again,

jim

added, Now I am really confused...lol

http://addons.oscommerce.com/profile/69588

Do I need Both ??

12-Mar-08 Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods

v2.2; Features

09-Mar-08 Package Tracking Plus

v2.2; Shipping Modules

Edited by trochia

Hello Scott, and thx for for work...and also for the reply the other day..

Well, I have 3/8 version...that I was just reading ready to install, but I read this>

And was wondering if " I was NOT " upgrading, if I had to do it?

I guess I'll scrap what I am doing at this point, and go get the latest release...But I thought I would ask the question, as not to screw anything up...

Thx again,

jim

added, Now I am really confused...lol

http://addons.oscommerce.com/profile/69588

Do I need Both ??

12-Mar-08 Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods

v2.2; Features

09-Mar-08 Package Tracking Plus

v2.2; Shipping Modules

No, you don't need both Jim. And you don't have to upgrade, there were no real bugfixes that had to be addressed except for I finally eliminated all remnants of the "comments" error from the code and a few really small things that don't affect much, they just make me feel better about the code :) If you are not getting errors, don't sweat it.

You really only need to upgrade if you want the additionally flexibility of having up to 2 tracking numbers per shipper/per order and all that that adds to this addon. It effects more than 1/2 the code and is a significant upgrade in functionality.

I should add that though I updated the cronjob mod for 2 USPS packages, I don't know if it works because I don't use it personally and I am not an expert at writing such additions (though useful).

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

No, you don't need both Jim. AND they just make me feel better about the code :) If you are not getting errors, don't sweat it.

You really only need to upgrade if you want the additionally flexibility of having up to 2 tracking numbers per shipper/per order and all that that adds to this addon. It effects more than 1/2 the code and is a significant upgrade in functionality.

I should add that though I updated the cronjob mod for 2 USPS packages, I don't know if it works because I don't use it personally and I am not an expert at writing such additions (though useful).

Scott

I haven't installed a thing yet... and I sure thank you for the reply..

So, if I install just > 12-Mar-08 Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods

This is actually the same thing except with e-mail? as > 09-Mar-08 Package Tracking Plus

Sorry if the questions seem dumb...lol... But I've done my share of "not asking questions"...lol

Jim

I'll play with the cron stuff...if I ever get this rolling... haha

Edited by trochia

I haven't installed a thing yet... and I sure thank you for the reply..

So, if I install juts > 12-Mar-08 Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods

This is actually the same thing except with e-mail? Sorry if the questions seem"dumb...lol... But I've done my share of "not asking questions"...lol

Jim

I'll play with the cron stuff...if I ever get this rolling... haha

March 12, 2008 package is just a file telling you that Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods has been renamed and moved to a different thread.

Package Tracking Plus includes email notification mods too. It is the same addon, I just wanted a new site for it. If you have NEVER installed either before I recommend using:

1. Package Tracking Plus 2.0 if you just want the capability to track 1 package per carrier per order

2. Package Tracking Plus 2.1 if you want the capability to track 2 packages per carrier per order

Both packages contain profession email notification mods. If you don't know, use 2.1 because as your business grows you may want the capability of tracking 2 packages per shipper per order.

3. If you are using 1.54 currently of Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods and like it, there is no real need to upgrade as the bugfixes to Package Tracking Plus 2.0 are minor. The real advantage is that the installation instructions of Package Tracking Plus 2.0/2.1 are compatible with osC RC2.

Make sense?

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

2. Package Tracking Plus 2.1 if you want the capability to track 2 packages per carrier per order

Make sense?

Scott

Using nothing yet :-) So I am going to run with 2.1... Again, thx for the PROMPT !! reply, and I'll let you know how it goes...

Jim

Make sense?

NO!!! (laughing)

OK,

1) imported tracking.sql

2) Looked all over your folders first manually for the following file as it says in install.text...then did a disk search for "button_track.php"

catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_track.php

Maybe you meant? .gif ??

As mentioned, sorry...but that's what is says...lol...and if you're as nit-picky as I am, I thought I'd let you know...

jim

NO!!! (laughing)

OK,

1) imported tracking.sql

2) Looked all over your folders first manually for the following file as it says in install.text...then did a disk search for "button_track.php"

catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_track.php

Maybe you meant? .gif ??

As mentioned, sorry...but that's what is says...lol...and if you're as nit-picky as I am, I thought I'd let you know...

jim

yes, .gif

yes, .gif

OK... Thx, also a typo ? This is REQUIRED in order this addon to function properly.

should be > "order FOR this"

And away~~ I go~~

Jim

OK, Now I am at Part 2 of step 3 says: "INSERT this ABOVE the last line:"

I would suspect that this should be :

After > 'total' => strip_tags($order_total['text']),

And before shipping_method?..

I am also making little notes...( that I'll get to you when I am done ) so that maybe they can be added to the install/help file to also help clarify to others in the future...

Jim

PS.. Just taking my time with it (installing) while doing a few other things also....

PSS.. I just don't want to end like Amy did... lol.. Never to be heard from again..haha

Edited by trochia

Time is now 5:48pm CST, I am holding off on install until questions clarified.

I read back thru a few posts, and many people just stop posting..

I would like to help and report, and this is fresh install with "no mods" as of yet..

Jim

Time is now 5:48pm CST, I am holding off on install until questions clarified.

I read back thru a few posts, and many people just stop posting..

I would like to help and report, and this is fresh install with "no mods" as of yet..

Jim

Jim,

I have installed this and tested it on a fresh, unmodded install of RC2a test store with no errors or issues. Also, I updated my personal webstore with 2.1 with no errors, issues, or conflicts (from 1.54).

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

There is one definition TEXT_NO_TRACKING_AVAILABLE that should appear on account_history_info.php when no tracking numbers are available, but is not used. If you want to use it here is an additional to account_history_info.php.

Find this:

<!-- Package Tracking Plus BEGIN -->
<?php
if ($order->info['usps_track_num'] == NULL & $order->info['usps_track_num2'] == NULL & $order->info['ups_track_num'] == NULL & $order->info['ups_track_num2'] == NULL & $order->info['fedex_track_num'] == NULL & $order->info['fedex_track_num2'] == NULL & $order->info['dhl_track_num'] == NULL & $order->info['dhl_track_num2'] == NULL) {
?>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>

REPLACE with this:

<!-- Tracking contribution begin -->
<?php
if ($order->info['usps_track_num'] == NULL & $order->info['usps_track_num2'] == NULL & $order->info['ups_track_num'] == NULL & $order->info['ups_track_num2'] == NULL & $order->info['fedex_track_num'] == NULL & $order->info['fedex_track_num2'] == NULL & $order->info['dhl_track_num'] == NULL & $order->info['dhl_track_num2'] == NULL) {
?>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><b><?php echo HEADING_TRACKING; ?></b></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_NO_TRACKING_AVAILABLE; ?></td>
  </tr>
   </table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table>
   </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>

Thanks Irin for the updated code, I will include it in the next maintenance release. I knew there was something that I had intended that I was forgetting. :D

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

OK, Now I am at Part 2 of step 3 says: "INSERT this ABOVE the last line:"

I would suspect that this should be :

After > 'total' => strip_tags($order_total['text']),

And before shipping_method?..

I am also making little notes...( that I'll get to you when I am done ) so that maybe they can be added to the install/help file to also help clarify to others in the future...

Jim

PS.. Just taking my time with it (installing) while doing a few other things also....

PSS.. I just don't want to end like Amy did... lol.. Never to be heard from again..haha

Yes you are correct.

Scott

Yes you are correct.

Scott

Scott ( and Irin )

Thank-you both for the replies... ( sorry for my late one, but just able to get back to this)

Scott? > "***See the "mods" folder for integrating this step into Order Editor (2.7.4)***

HHmm,, I presently just finished Step 5 and noticed the above and it's also on Step 6...and haven't looked ( or got ) further down...

a) Is this a MOD I should have installed first? If you're using it, I'd said it's a good thing?...lol

B) Will I run into problems if/when I do add the above mod?... IS it something?? I should STOP right now with yours, and get into mine first?

Again, will await the replies...as I'd rather dirttft ( do it right the first time )

Thx again,

jim

Edited by trochia

Scott? > "***See the "mods" folder for integrating this step into Order Editor (2.7.4)***

I hadn't run across "Order Editor" as of yet, but went and looked at the contrib for it, and see that it presently sits at a version of: 5.0.61.

So this raises a question I need to ask please.

IF I continue, should I just use OE2.7.4 ? Or will this (5.0.61) be incompatible with what I am doing (installing your contrib) in the future?

Thx again, and sorry for the questions.... ( I have no problem popping of a donation Scott, I consider at my point of what I am doing...that getting your mod to function...is more critical for clients at my stage of my catalog.

Again, thx!!

Jim

Edited by trochia

I hadn't run across "Order Editor" as of yet, but went and looked at the contrib for it, and see that it presently sits at a version of: 5.0.61.

So this raises a question I need to ask please.

IF I continue, should I just use OE2.7.4 ? Or will this (5.0.61) be incompatible with what I am doing (installing your contrib) in the future?

Thx again, and sorry for the questions.... ( I have no problem popping of a donation Scott, I consider at my point of what I am doing...that getting your mod to function...is more critical for clients at my stage of my catalog.

Again, thx!!

Jim

Jim,

You don't need to install OE 2.7.4; however, it is an option for you if you desire, the instructions are there for integration. Also, I recognize that OE is at 5.0.61 at this point, but I stopped upgrading it at 2.7.4 into my store because it's changed so much and I don't need the extra functionality (at this point). Also, I didn't want to figure out new integration instructions for OE :)

Scott

Jim,

You don't need to install OE 2.7.4; however, it is an option for you if you desire, the instructions are there for integration.

Scott

Not a problem, and for this one I am doing...I don't feel I'll need it one way or the other...

But, now here is a "dumb one"

I decided to just continue and also read on. I am at Step 6

>define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_INCLUDING_TAX', 'Total (inc)');

Now, I have a fresh install ( well, it was a few days ago...lol And

> OPEN catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php

Has the following... DUPLICATE entries from what I can see?

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_EXCLUDING_TAX', 'Price (ex)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_INCLUDING_TAX', 'Price (inc)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_EXCLUDING_TAX', 'Total (ex)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_INCLUDING_TAX', 'Total (inc)');

Now, You've been into this cart much longer than I have...and me... I'd delete the dups, but I'm not sure if they're needed..

And I really dislike bothering anyone on a Sunday...but I have to post...when I have time...

Jim

PS...Also, for some reason, I am not getting notifications e-mailed of your posts at all, even though I selected it on my first post, but I did get notified when Irin made a post... That, I can't figure out either...as it says:

You are currently receiving email notification of replies

ADDED >

OK, I did Part 1 step 6..

Now ??

And REPLACE with this (customize): ( Your code says > If necessary, you may update your order directly by following the link above (login required).

And the other has nothing like that...so... Does this have something to do with Order Edit contrib?

Edited by trochia

Not a problem, and for this one I am doing...I don't feel I'll need it one way or the other...

But, now here is a "dumb one"

I decided to just continue and also read on. I am at Step 6

>define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_INCLUDING_TAX', 'Total (inc)');

Now, I have a fresh install ( well, it was a few days ago...lol And

> OPEN catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php

Has the following... DUPLICATE entries from what I can see?

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_EXCLUDING_TAX', 'Price (ex)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_INCLUDING_TAX', 'Price (inc)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_EXCLUDING_TAX', 'Total (ex)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_INCLUDING_TAX', 'Total (inc)');

Now, You've been into this cart much longer than I have...and me... I'd delete the dups, but I'm not sure if they're needed..

And I really dislike bothering anyone on a Sunday...but I have to post...when I have time...

Jim

PS...Also, for some reason, I am not getting notifications e-mailed of your posts at all, even though I selected it on my first post, but I did get notified when Irin made a post... That, I can't figure out either...as it says:

You are currently receiving email notification of replies

All four lines are necessary and if you look carefully, all four lines are actually different. You insert the line after the last of the four.

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

All four lines are necessary and if you look carefully, all four lines are actually different. You insert the line after the last of the four.

Scott

Great and thx... (sorry) Call me a pinhead on that one... It's 10am here, been back and forth on this an adding items to the cart...and 2 pots of coffee since 3:45 making my eyes flutter some..

OK, I did Part 1 step 6..

Now ??

And REPLACE with this (customize): ( Your code says > If necessary, you may update your order directly by following the link above (login required).

And the other has nothing like that...so... Does this have something to do with Order Edit contrib?

Just checking...and I'm past half way thru your install file... I hope I get it done this year...<just kidding while I am laughing>

And each step, I am uploading and making sure my cart is still somewhat intact...also...except for total checkout.

Jim

This post, also goes with the above as:

> Your order has been updated to the following status: %s

Is sure a callout to something else, that does not exist in the original file...and maybe it's a callout to something of "yours"... Which "told me" in the above, that "somehow"... The "Order" is "Editable" ??

Scatching my head, in confusion... :'(

PS... And, for the heck of it....my cart is "still totally functioning" from start to finish...

I had a week in it before I started this, and going thru "other forum suggestions".... without asking questions... 10 days of work...went down the drain... as all worked...except somehow....during someones prior suggestions... Creating a new account...stopped working...

Edited by trochia