• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search engine friendly 1.8

shopping

The installation of "Search Engine Friendly 1.8" bij CHEMO was easy to understand and gave no problems at all. The results is that I now have the correct product description in the address bar that will hopefully help me to get a good ranking with google.

However, I seem to have lost control over contrib's I installed before and the main page shows the following message:

Error! Unable to determine the page link!

I know that I should be able to find a solution for this error on the forum pages my self. But after hours of reading I did not come across a suitable answer.

Anyone familiar with this?????? Please help me out

Thanks in advance

Rene

This is why the Contribution advises you, before installing it, to check that the default 'Use Search Engine Friendly URL's' feature of osCommerce works on your server. If it does work then you can install the contribution, but if it doesn't work then you'll get the error you're getting now.

I don't think you will be able to get the Contribution to work on your server.

Vger

Hi Vger,

I see you've answered this question dozens of times and I'm having the same problem. In this post you said

"I don't think you will be able to get the Contribution to work on your server."

I'm getting the same error with a test site that I'm setting up and since the search engine URL's are important, I would rather switch servers to make this work properly.

So what do I need on a server to get the Search Engine Friendly URL feature to work properly? Is there another contribution I need or do I need to get a different host? Are there any specs or requirements that I can look into to make sure I get the right setup?

Thanks!

Hi Vger,

I see you've answered this question dozens of times and I'm having the same problem.  In this post you said

"I don't think you will be able to get the Contribution to work on your server."

I'm getting the same error with a test site that I'm setting up and since the search engine URL's are important, I would rather switch servers to make this work properly.

So what do I need on a server to get the Search Engine Friendly URL feature to work properly?  Is there another contribution I need or do I need to get a different host? Are there any specs or requirements that I can look into to make sure I get the right setup?

Thanks!

You will need to try out another host in such a case.....

But, you do know that there are several other seo orl mods which will work on your current host too?

Like for instance: ultimate seo urls and sef link transformer..

Archived