• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to add 2 Custom Fields to Products?

jesse9201

Hello,

How do I add below each product description 2 new fields (one textfield for names, one textarea for message), so buyers can type in whatever they want AND I also receive these added fields as part of the order?

It's for a new personalized coffee mug site, which buyers can have their name and a short slogan/phrase screen printed on the cups.

Thanks.

Jess

P.S. I tried the "Add Extra Product Fields" contribution but it seems to only allow me offer customers to choose options (i.e. color/size) and doesn't allow the customer to type in whatever "they" want instead.

You could copy part of the contact_us.php or checkout_confirmation.php files that use the text area fields as input for a new file. Create a couple of new fields under the orders_products_attributes in the dbase then when a customer adds something to the cart you update the order_products_attributes table with the new values of these fields if they are not empty. There is already code for the rest of the fields for the order_products_attributes table so it should be easy to do.

Finally when the email is sent to you, include the extra fields.

Archived