• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quick Favour Please???

lee246

I checked just your home page index.php now keywords relevancy to page content shows with 0% score. So you may want to add some text that uses those keywords. Also there were no robot tag and no author tag. The description tags are ok.

here there is a brief description for meta-tags (scroll to: NAME attributes)

http://vancouver-webpages.com/META/metatags.detail.html

the internet is full of such info though if you need details and examples.

now for the keywords relevancy to page content consider this example as page content

"Your best travel agent. Here you will find the best prices for tickets all around the world"

and these keywords:

software,web templates,hosting,sdk library

so the relevancy is 0%

Now to have some related content I had to use the cDynamic meta tags and heavily modify the keywords parser so for each page it will scan the associated description fields and generate related keywords. Still in experimental phase sometimes does not generate the keywords one expects but it does offers excellent relevancy scores.

Thanks for the reply.

I have trial edited my index page.

My page content now is as follows:

Discount Software, Computer and Video Game Store.

Welcome to JustOnlineShop.

We aim to bring the best products to you, the consumer.

We currently sell a huge range of Discount PC Software, including Games, Reference, Education, Utilities, and even a section for the Kids!

We sell Video Games for the XBox, Playstation 2, and Game Cube, although these are only available to customers within the US.

We also sell DVD Movies, and Music CDs.

PAYMENT

At the moment we can only accept payment by credit card through PAYPAL and NOCHEX. Both methods of payment offer the most secure way to pay for a transaction, combined with our own secure checkout, to bring you an extremely safe and comfortable shopping experience.

We hope you enjoy your visit to JustOnlineShop.com!

and my keywords are as follows:

discount software, video game store, computer game store

Surely they have some relevance to the content of my page and the whole site in general?

well seems you changed something as now shows ~70% relevancy. Now you have too few keywords. Consider having at least 5. Also dont leave spaces among keywords.

Quick note:

You don't need the ROBOTS or AUTHOR meta tags. 78% of the search engines no longer reference those, with the exception if you use the robots tag to tell it NOT to index your webpage using a NOINDEX,NOFOLLOW, otherwise those are ignored.

Those two tags also hold no value whatsoever in SEO or search engine rankings.

Another change you should make to this:

We currently sell a huge range of Discount PC Software, including Games,  Reference, Education, Utilities, and even a section for the Kids!

We sell Video Games for the XBox, Playstation 2, and Game Cube, although these are only available to customers within the US.

We also sell DVD Movies, and Music CDs.

Is to do one or both of the following:

1. Bold some of your keywords

2. Make some of those links directly into their specific corresponding categories.

You do not want to make them all links, and definately do not want to have multiple links to the same page.

SITE MAP: Alter the page so your links on the site map page are bolded for your main categories. Those hold greater ranking value in the search engines.

FOOTER LINKS: Do the same thing with bolding out your footer links for the category names only.

INDEX.PHP / PRODUCT LISTING: When you select a category, you should also bold out the product names in the product listing file, found in /includes/modules/product_listing.php

Those few additional items should help get you rolling for even better rankings. I have applied these concepts and few others to two of our clients oscommerce stores who are getting tons of top rankings now.

www.laptops4me.com

www.mfasco.com

Mind you I did additional SEO and submission work for each, but these SEO techniques play into it. :)

Any questions or problems, let me know.

Sincerely,

Bruce

19 contributions submitted

your home page now looks good. But if you see the product pages there is a huge number of chars in the description tag SEO wont like that.

also you can do a web search for "meta tag analyzer" and check your pages. there are plenty of tools available

Hi Bruce, one other thing to what you said earlier...

with the exception if you use the robots tag to tell it NOT to index your webpage using a NOINDEX,NOFOLLOW, otherwise those are ignored.

Its really weird, but I noticed google has indexed my login page despite the fact that explicitly states noindex,nofollow makes you wonder...

INDEX.PHP / PRODUCT LISTING: When you select a category, you should also bold out the product names in the product listing file, found in /includes/modules/product_listing.php

How would I do this? I have looked in the product_listing.php but can't make no sense of the code (I'm a beginner in php).

Thanks, Lee.

Archived