• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN question

peterpil19

Hi, just 2 quick question...

1) Paypal module vs Payapl IPN module? What is the difference?

2) for Paypal IPN module: after checking out and going to Paypal screen, if you cancel, i.e. by closing the window, it does not register that the order has been cancelled. It states the order as Pending or whatever. Is there a way around this?

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

paypal ipn is much better. reason states it is pending means the customer went to paypal but did not finish the checkout for some reason or the other, they could have been disconnected, etc. it is to let u know something has happened. much safer than the original paypal module.

there are separate contribution support threads for paypal ipn, post the questions in those threads. every contribution has a support thread, post in them, youu will get more/better responses.

Hi, just 2 quick question...

1) Paypal module vs Payapl IPN module? What is the difference?

2) for Paypal IPN module: after checking out and going to Paypal screen, if you cancel, i.e. by closing the window, it does not register that the order has been cancelled. It states the order as Pending or whatever. Is there a way around this?

Simple paypal module relies on customer completing the whole cycle.Most of the customers just complete the paypal part and do not think of going further.

IPn is INstant Payment notification that [aypal sends as a backend notification to the url we state.So this way the dependency on customer completing the cycle is taken care of.

So IPN is a better option and ine should go for it.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived