• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Download links

akitchen@lobstersoftware.com.au

I have tried to setup the product download feature as described in the KB article 162. MUst say the article is unclear where the download file is actually supposed to reside. Initially I thought it was in /catalog/download, but then suspected it might have to be /catalog/pub. ?? Can anybody confirm?

Secondly, the completed order has a heading "Download links", followed by a box containing product name, Linke expiry date, x downloads remaining, but I am expecting something to be clickable, see a blue link or something. So I suspect there is something wrong in my setup. Any advice gratefully recieved!

Upload downloadable files to "download" directory.

As for the "Download Links" section in the order details page, the filename should be clickable.

But it ain't. Any advice on what to check for?

BTW, I have entered just the filename in product attributes e.g. xxxx.zip

Thanks for the response.

But it ain't. Any advice on what to check for?

BTW, I have entered just the filename in product attributes e.g. xxxx.zip

Thanks for the response.

Check the permissions on the download folder try 755, if you are downloading by redirect check the permissions on the pub folder. have you installed Download Controller contribution, this gives you a little more control.

Make sure this contribution has all the files including the sql you will need to run...thet were a couple of updates that didn't have all the files

Steve

Archived