• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing oscommerce look???

hello, titch here

not sure if this is the correct place to put this one, if not please inform me.

What im trying to find out is their a document to tell where to go to change certain things in oscommerce, such as the thickness of the header bar, changing colour on parts of the page, moving buy now or checkout buttons around.

or a file just giving a bit more info, sorry if it is already somewhere but havnt found it yet.

As i find it hard figuring where to go to change a certain thing, while on this subject if any body knows where i would go to change the standard buy now button from the left side of the page to the right side at end of product description, i feel it is far better on this side of the page.

also is their a way to show tyhe tax in the auto responded email after a buy now but not have it when leaving checkout as i like my site to have the full price, but when they receive their thank you for buying blah blah can i set it to have the tax price in that email, if possible , or should i post this in payment modules, sorry get confused where to paste sometimes.

cheers ( bit long) titch

A good place to start would be downloading the documentation you can find on the link in my signature. That will tell you the basics and a lot of the most common errors and so on. Great page in there describing the CSS file and what each class does.

Also just scanning through the forums, you will get tons of information and hints, help. Tips and Tricks area is a great place to start.

You can edit the pages and move things around but you must be sure you do not break the php code. The buy now button you are talking about can be found on the product_info.php

If you open that with an editer look for

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

around line 213

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

A good place to start would be downloading the documentation you can find on the link in my signature. That will tell you the basics and a lot of the most common errors and so on. Great page in there describing the CSS file and what each class does.

Also just scanning through the forums, you will get tons of information and hints, help. Tips and Tricks area is a great place to start.

You can edit the pages and move things around but you must be sure you do not break the php code. The buy now button you are talking about can be found on the product_info.php

If you open that with an editer look for

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

around line 213

thanxs WendyJames, will checkout the document, still a bit hard to understand some of this as if you dont quite get php you have to disect what some of the help files mean, but at least their is some help. :D

Have found product_info.php but nothing like the above in their, only about 25 lines, and i checked out 2 product files but cant find anything , will perservere, thanxs for the time to help. <_<

titch

Archived