• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHPmyAdmin Tables

Ron_D

Hi all,

I'm new to osCommerce, mySQL, and PHP. I noticed that I can import product info directly into the products table in my osCommerce database so I imported a text delimited(semicolon delimited) table that was created in Excel and appended the additional products to the existing table. I also associated the new product IDs to existing category IDs by appending to the product_to_category table.

I have mix success with this because in the Categories box the product count increased by the number of products I added. However, when I clicked that category, the new products could not be accessed. Are there other tables I need to change or codes I need to modify to show these products in my store?

Thanks in advance,

Ron_D

try the easypopulate contribution since you want to edit products with excel. There are numerous tables related with the products tables and unless you do a quick test to something its not easy using plain phpmyadmin. Use either the admin cpanel or a contribution for this type of work.

Thanks Mark for your suggestion to try EasyPopulate. I opted to go this route because I was reading all the problems that people seems to have when trying to install EasyPopulate. I guess you can say I doubted my ability to install EasyPopulate correctly.

try the easypopulate contribution since you want to edit products with excel. There are numerous tables related with the products tables and unless you do a quick test to something its not easy using plain phpmyadmin. Use either the admin cpanel or a contribution for this type of work.

Archived