• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

need help with "osC External Sessions"

dahui

Hi

I want to integrate linking between my studio-site and the shop-site without loosing osCsession

osC External Sessions sems to be the key. I donwloaded it and cannot really do anything, no docu no clue where to start.

(in future it will be elflein-kosmetik.de, testshop is running in funjumping.de/shop)

what I would like is that people switching between..

root/any_shop_site.php <=> root/studio/any_studio_site.*

do not loose the osCsid

the two files included in contrib confuse me and no .txt to explain. the included index.html seems to be for "tough-guys-only" noobs like me do not have a chance :(

please help

thx, dahui

Edited by dahui

UPDATE

befor getting into trial and error I cleaned up some links and insterted a backlink to the shop in my studio page.

and now the strange happening

I move from shop to studio, do not pass the osCsid but the shoppingcart and login etc. are 'kept alive' when switching

???

to bee seen on here use the studio and onlineshop links in the left-header to switch

both testsites are installed to funjumping.de

studio to contenido/cms and the shop to shop/

the links from and to shop/studio in both sites are hardcoded http://funumping.de/....

no idea why, well it seems to work but not sure if only with me

help desperately needed with those osc sessions

thx, dahui

nobody out there to push me in the right direction with this topic?

the thing at the moment isit seems to work even thie I do not pass the osCsid???

strange enough isn't it ??? serach brings either enormous output on "session" or very poor on "external sessions" andthe contrib as mentioned doesn't bring me further at the moment.

help is really appreciated on this

dahui

I cannot believe that nobody out there passes the osCsid propperly to content outside osc catalog area and backwards.

please help me :(

did I miss something as there are few hite on this thread only ???

dahui

Edited by dahui

ok, searched the board up and down, and only found a flash osCsid contrib whose content code didn't bring me further

I only noticed now that the contrib I mention is by chemo, and I do not want to involve into this subject at all - really not my deal

but if poor view/respose is due to that I am likely to open a new thread and close this one.

I do not use any proactive coded passing of the osCsid (nor chemos contrib) but it seems to work as described and linked previously

please help me out

I do have a problem/question with the session not with chemos contrib!

dahui

Edited by dahui

I am already a bit afraid of posting again on this topic, being the only one and I really do not know how to express myself better :(

but I do have a running installation of this "feature" and it really is a feature to me, as ssessions seem to be passed without any force between osc and a cms-system on the same root.

I wish I could explain better, it's like it seems to work where it should definately not.

I would appreciate a response telling me if it workz for you as well

My concernes are not that it workz, happy enough ;) but not knowing why I am afraind the osCsid might be crossed and passed where it shoudn't and that would truely be a mess.

So please do not consider this as a pushup post to bring the thread to the top, I sincerely do not know what to do

despertaley yours

Michael (aka dahui)

Edited by dahui

I am already a bit afraid of posting again on this topic, being the only one and I really do not know how to express myself better :(

but I do have a running installation of this "feature" and it really is a feature to me, as ssessions seem to be passed without any force between osc and a cms-system on the same root.

I wish I could explain better, it's like it seems to work where it should definately not.

I would appreciate a response telling me if it workz for you as well

My concernes are not that it workz, happy enough ;) but not knowing why I am afraind the osCsid might be crossed and passed where it shoudn't and that would truely be a mess.

So please do not consider this as a pushup post to bring the thread to the top, I sincerely do not know what to do

despertaley yours

Michael (aka dahui)

I would like to use this contribution also, but can't get it to work. :angry: Since Chemo (Bobby) is not allowed on the Support Forum, I hope someone else can help.

I have a dropdown javascript menu loaded into the header.php file. I want to keep the session id.

Whenever someone logs in or creates an account, then clicks on any of the javascript menus, the session id is lost and shopping cart items disappear. :o

Dennis

I do not have a sloution for you, but just wanted to mention that my categories box uses js menu too. so what do you use, as mine works.

meanwhile I found out that my sid is not passed, was the cookie that kept the shopcart, but I am still interested how to use this.

I have played around a bit last night witch the contrib, but no satisfying output sofar.

Nobody out there 2 help Bali and me with this issue? PLEASE!

dahui