• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Restore Mysql data base from folder?

baner

Hello,

My server crash and I was able to make a copy of the data base folder that was unde Mysql folder in programs files, I do not have .sql file back up, all I have is the complete data base folder , how can I restore to new fresh server installation with a new oscommerce store already installed?

I try to copy the data base folder under the data folder in Mysql folder, but did not work, I'm still see the demo products of the new oscommerce install

Thanks

Uploading the old database is not enough - you also have to tell the configure.php files the name of the old database. Because what will be in those files is the name of the database setup during the installation - which is why you're seeing the demo products.

Vger

If you downloaded the mysql folder from your website via FTP then there should be an sql file inside of it. If there's no file inside of it then you may have lost your database when the server crashed.

Vger

I have the server in my office, so when crashed I was able to make a copy to my second drive of the folder:

/Program Files/Mysql/MySQLServer 4.1/data/mydatabase

inside that folder there are all the .frm files but not an .sql file

Archived