• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Index Page Default Text

I have just loaded OsCommerce and tried changing the default text on the Index Page, but seems I delete too much text or code, because I keep getting a 'Parse Error' one was unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING something to do with Line 13. I have changed the text as it suggested, but when I remove some lines of text that are still visible on the Index page such as for example [path to catalog]/includes/languages/' . $language . '/' I get an error page instead of the cart.

My knowledge of codes is minimal, and I have tried doing this by replacing or removing one line of text at a time and seeing what changes occur, but everytime I try to get rid of text & the number icon images that I don't want to be visible still, I get the error page upon refresh or for the images I am getting the box with x in it. Is there anyone out there who could help me understand what I'm doing wrong? I would appreciate any help with this.

You can save yourself a lot of grief if you make a "Test" directory and an "original" directory. Copy the original into the "original" directory and another copy into the "test" directory.

Modify the file in the "test" directory and upload. If you don't like the changes, it's easy to undo. Just upload the original again.

Thanks for your response, but its the modifying of the actual text & codes that I'm having the problem with, I do already replace it with the original file when the result gives me an error page.

Archived