• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

easy Way to delete the counties

Is there a quicker way of deleting the list of countries than manually deleting each one in admin? I only want to keep a couple, and it will take ages to delete each one manually.

Thanks

Is there a quicker way of deleting the list of countries than manually deleting each one in admin? I only want to keep a couple, and it will take ages to delete each one manually.

Thanks

Well the quickest way is to go to the dat base and fire a query to get the other rows removed.

If you know data base handling and firing Mysql queries for updation it should be a three minutes job.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Well the quickest way is to go to the dat base and fire a query to get the other rows removed.

If you know data base handling and firing Mysql queries for updation it should be a three minutes job.

Satish Mantri

also a good way to do it: either export the table data or get the insert rows form your install folder, filename oscommerce.sql

it should say insert into countries etc etc ...

create a new file with all those inserts, and delete the llines you don't need. Only leave the countries you want to keep. When done, go to phpmyadmin and empty the countries table, then reinsert from your new script the counties you want to keep. I'd say 5min max.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived