• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cannot access admin section

Hi all as you can see im new here , but i do have a problem i cannot access the admin folder i get page cannot be displayed HTTP 403 (Forbidden) am i right in saying that admin is /admin/index.php? also i did not get the option to create a admin account when i installed ?? any help would be great.

Cheers

No admin 'account' is set up during the install. You have to protect 'admin' later using the Password Protect feature in your web hosting control panel.

Are you seeing a login box asking for user name and password BEFORE you get the 403 Forbidden message? If this was an automated install via Fantastico or Ensim Power Tools then you'd just need to go to your web hosting control panel and re-protect the 'admin' folder with a User Name and Password of your choosing and then you'd be able to login.

If you get the error without a login box then it looks as though permissions are not set up correct, either on the 'admin' folder itself (need to be 755) or else on the server (contact your hosting company).

Vger

• 2 months later...

Archived