• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Off line use

hi my name is zeak and i live in the little island of vanuatu in the south pacific i and totaly new to osc and not not have coding exporence (i have a grasp on the basic of a few langages i can read them but not type my own code)

i am compted to learning how to use osc so i can expand my skills and maybe and a great development to my business i run and outdoor adventure company our web site is www.edgevanuatu.com

any way to my proble internet here is really exspensive (and only dialup) and i would like to know if there is a way to create an offline store (i think you do this by haveing a sever on your computer)but i am not totaly sure.

if any one could tell me how to do this it would be a great help to me and my bank account

kind regards zeak

Yes, you can set your computer up as a server to use offline, and with a lot more work you can set it up to use it online. However, if the only access you have to the internet is via dial-up then it would be too slow a connection to run a website that's available on the internet from your computer.

Even if Internet is expensive where you live you can buy web space from any country around the world.

Vger

hi my name is zeak and i live in the little island of vanuatu in the south pacific i and totaly new to osc and not not have coding exporence (i have a grasp on the basic of a few langages i can read them but not type my own code)

i am compted to learning how to use osc so i can expand my skills and maybe and a great development to my business i run and outdoor adventure company our web site is www.edgevanuatu.com

any way to my proble internet here is really exspensive (and only dialup) and i would like to know if there is a way to create an offline store (i think you do this by haveing a sever on your computer)but i am not totaly sure.

if any one could tell me how to do this it would be a great help to me and my bank account

kind regards zeak

I suggest a free Programme called WAMP to run PHP on your own system at home.

thank you to every one for your great response i had an idea thats what i needed (WAMP) now i just got to spend the time to down load the 21 meg file but i should work great i have web space and everything i just need to learn all the ins and outs of OSC and i figger that doing it off line would be so much better

i would also love to complement you on a great product and community i hope to become a help to others when i get to know more

zeak :thumbsup:

Archived