• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting Different Zones rates Shipping

Hi,

I want to charge a different flat rate for different countries, eg UK shipping free (zone 1) France shipping ?10 (zone 2.) I cant work out how to adjust the settings for zones other than zone 1.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

I want to charge a different flat rate for different countries, eg UK shipping free (zone 1) France shipping ?10 (zone 2.) I cant work out how to adjust the settings for zones other than zone 1.

Thanks for your help

use the flat fee file for this. Copy it (and it's language file too) and rename all parameters and the file to flat2, flat etc for multiple files. Edit the language file to reflect the zone you want to use it in. When setting it up in admin, choose the correct zone for each and add the correct fee for each. Very easy and fast. For one client, I have 5 flat fee files ;-)

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I have done all that, it it seems to work well. However, It will not let me enter any data under the shipping zone section in admin. It forces me to use "none." What have i missed?

I have done all that, it it seems to work well. However, It will not let me enter any data under the shipping zone section in admin. It forces me to use "none." What have i missed?

if the dropdown only gives you the "none" option, you have not set up tax (rates, classes, zones) yet. Those provide the base for the list shown in the dropdown.

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

• 3 weeks later...
use the flat fee file for this. Copy it (and it's language file too) and rename all parameters and the file to flat2, flat etc for multiple files. Edit the language file to reflect the zone you want to use it in. When setting it up in admin, choose the correct zone for each and add the correct fee for each. Very easy and fast. For one client, I have 5 flat fee files ;-)

I'm trying this with the Table shipping module. Table1, 2, 3, etc.

To accomplish this you also have to create extra tables/fields in the database right?

If you keep all fields set to 'TABLE' and only change the small-capital 'table' fields into table1, 2 etc all the table modules will be linked. They won't hold unique values.

At least that's what's happening here.

HJ

Hi,

looks like you did not change those parameters in the file (module & language)

Here is my table 2 module file for you as an example (yes, I have done this for table rate too ...)

<?php
/*
 $Id: table.php,v 1.27 2003/02/05 22:41:52 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

class table2 {
   var $code, $title, $description, $icon, $enabled;

// class constructor
   function table2() {
     global $order;

$this->code = 'table2';
     $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TEXT_TITLE;
     $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
     $this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_SORT_ORDER;
     $this->icon = '';
     $this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TAX_CLASS;
     $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

if (is_object($order)) {

// disable the module if the order only contains virtual products
   if ($this->enabled == true) {
  	 global $cart;
  	 if ($cart->show_total() == 0.00) {
     $this->enabled = false;
  	 }
   }
	 }

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_ZONE > 0) ) {
       $check_flag = false;
       $check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->delivery['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");
       while ($check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query)) {
         if ($check['zone_id'] < 1) {
           $check_flag = true;
           break;
         } elseif ($check['zone_id'] == $order->delivery['zone_id']) {
           $check_flag = true;
           break;
         }
       }

if ($check_flag == false) {
         $this->enabled = false;
       }
     }
   }

// class methods
   function quote($method = '') {
     global $order, $cart, $shipping_weight, $shipping_num_boxes;

if (MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_MODE == 'price') {
       $order_total = $cart->show_total();
     } else {
       $order_total = $shipping_weight;
     }

$table_cost = split("[:,]" , MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_COST);
     $size = sizeof($table_cost);
     for ($i=0, $n=$size; $i<$n; $i+=2) {
       if ($order_total <= $table_cost[$i]) {
  	 if ((MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_MODE == 'price') && (strpos($table_cost[$i+1],'%')) && (strpos($table_cost[$i+1],'+'))) {
     $shipping = before('+',$table_cost[$i+1]) + $order_total * (after('+',$table_cost[$i+1])/100);
  	 } elseif ((MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_MODE == 'price') && (strpos($table_cost[$i+1],'%'))) {
     $shipping = $order_total * ($table_cost[$i+1]/100);
  	 } else {
     $shipping = $table_cost[$i+1];
  	 }

break;
       }
     }

if (MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_MODE == 'weight') {
       $shipping = $shipping * $shipping_num_boxes;
     }

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
                           'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TEXT_TITLE,
                           'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,
                                                    'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TEXT_WAY,
                                                    'cost' => $shipping + MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_HANDLING)));

if ($this->tax_class > 0) {
       $this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
     }

if (tep_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = tep_image($this->icon, $this->title);

return $this->quotes;
   }

function check() {
     if (!isset($this->_check)) {
       $check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_STATUS'");
       $this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
     }
     return $this->_check;
   }

function install() {
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Enable Table Method', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to offer table rate shipping?', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Shipping Table', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_COST', '25:8.50,50:5.50,10000:0.00', 'The shipping cost is based on the total cost or weight of items. Example: 25:8.50,50:5.50,etc.. Up to 25 charge 8.50, from there to 50 charge 5.50, etc', '6', '0', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Table Method', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_MODE', 'weight', 'The shipping cost is based on the order total or the total weight of the items ordered.', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'weight\', \'price\'), ', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Handling Fee', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_HANDLING', '0', 'Handling fee for this shipping method.', '6', '0', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Class', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_tax_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Shipping Zone', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '0', now())");
   }

function remove() {
     tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
   }

function keys() {
     return array('MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_STATUS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_COST', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_MODE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_HANDLING', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TAX_CLASS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_ZONE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_SORT_ORDER');
   }
 }
?>

Monika

Archived