• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Screen Resolution and Image Size

Is there a recommended screeen resolution size when it comes to designing, i.e., 800x600, 1024x768, 1280 ...?

Is there a recommended image size?

Also, is there a preference for browsers? I have noticed that IE, Netscape, and Firefox change the look somewhat?

Thanks for any info.

Rebecca

The IE browser still accounts for 88% of the browser market, but you need to design for IE, Firefox and Safari (Mac).

The width of your site should be set for 800 (less 25 for scrollbar), so 775 max width.

Check out the Fixed Width Site With CSS link below my name.

Vger

I usually work with 770 as my width. I have windowblinds and it makes the scrollbar even wider and it is a fairly popular toy people have on their computers so i figured why not. :)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The IE browser still accounts for 88% of the browser market, but you need to design for IE, Firefox and Safari (Mac).

The width of your site should be set for 800 (less 25 for scrollbar), so 775 max width.

Check out the Fixed Width Site With CSS link below my name.

Vger

Thank you for the info.

Rebecca

I usually work with 770 as my width. I have windowblinds and it makes the scrollbar even wider and it is a fairly popular toy people have on their computers so i figured why not. :)

Haven't heard of windowblinds.

Thanks for the info.

Rebecca

Archived