• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie needs installation help

bohlee

Tried installing on my webserver but can't even go beyond step 1. :'( I've followed the documentation instruction on extracting the files and copying the catalog folder to my server. I'm not certain where to find the "Web Server Document Path" :blush: so I've copied the entire catalog folder to the root directory. When I type www.mysite.com/catalog/install/ it tells me that the file is not found. What have I done wrong? Appreciate any advise and help.

I've copied all the files to www.mysite.com/osc_trial/ and when I tried to run installation from the browser by typing www.mysite.com/osc_trial/install/ I get a blank screen. Why is that? Can't seem to get pass this first step :'( I've been going round in circles since last Friday and not getting anywhere. Help!

I had difficulty changing the file permissions on the configure.php files. When I checked with my webhost, he said that my site is hosted on windows os and that windows does not support file permission changes. I can't go beyond a blank page when I tried installing the program. I think it could be due to the file permissions problem. Can anyone suggest something?

Archived