• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

colors

srober

I have my main categories displayed on the top center frontpage with the main_categories contribution. I want to change the background color on my info boxes but I dont want the background on my categories to be the same color. How can I fix that?

Another problem I found while changing the color on the info box headings for some reason sections of the top corner will not color in. Whats going on with that?

I have my main categories displayed on the top center frontpage with the main_categories contribution.  I want to change the background color on my info boxes but I dont want the background on my categories to be the same color.  How can I fix that?

Another problem I found while changing the color on the info box headings for some reason sections of the top corner will not color in.  Whats going on with that?

:-"

That answers the question about the infoBox corners.

The other is not so easy to do.

You need to create new classes in stylesheet.css for infoBoxContents e.g. infoBoxContents2 etc. Once you've done that you need to add them to includes/classes/boxes.php, and then edit the individual boxes in includes/boxes/

Vger

That answers the question about the infoBox corners.

The other is not so easy to do.

You need to create new classes in stylesheet.css for infoBoxContents e.g. infoBoxContents2 etc.  Once you've done that you need to add them to includes/classes/boxes.php, and then edit the individual boxes in includes/boxes/

Vger

I have did a few searchers on the corner color issue. Im not clear exactly what im suppose to do. I dont have any good software to physically change the color of that image (I assume thats what you mean?) I would perfer just to get rid of the image and have that title bar stretch out and be squared at the end. That way its a easy color change if im not satisified in the direction im going.

I have did a few searchers on the corner color issue.  Im not clear exactly what im suppose to do.  I dont have any good software to physically change the color of that image (I assume thats what you mean?)  I would perfer just to get rid of the image and have that title bar stretch out and be squared at the end.  That way its a easy color change if im not satisified in the direction im going.

Found a contribution to fix the colors thanks. Time to crash my site on for the other problem?

An easy solution to the infobox corner images is to just make a transparent gif and rename it to the different names found in your catalog/images/infobox folder. Make small widths so the headings move over more or wider ones if you want them indented.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Does anyone know of a contribution I may be looking over for a quick fix? I want to change the colors around on my site. On the main page I have a category info box on the left. In the top center of the screen I have my categories listed again with pictures representing each category (from the main_category contribution). I need the the huge box in the center to stay white. When I change the infoboxcontext background color to change the info boxes on the right and left it also changes my main_category background that color.

Im hopeing there is a contribution out there for that, im not sure if I understand your fix Vger but ill give it a try!

Easiest way I know if to alter the infoboxes seperately (because the infobox css is used in the middle area of the site often) would be to install one of a couple of contributions.

This is a really good css one

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1261

this one uses images and probably does a lot more than you need it to but is cool anyhow. :)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1680

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Easiest way I know if to alter the infoboxes seperately (because the infobox css is used in the middle area of the site often) would be to install one of a couple of contributions.

This is a really good css one

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1261

this one uses images and probably does a lot more than you need it to but is cool anyhow. :)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1680

Thanks Wendy, that is a awesome contribution, a must have I think. Only problem is my corners are back now heh, im too tired to mess with that again Ill sleep on it!

I used the infobox customizer contribution to give me more control over my boxes. This contribution overwrote the boxes.php file that a previous contribution used to remove the rounded corners. The new boxes.php is 10times bigger than the old one so Im not really sure what to fix to remove the corners.

Is there a easy fix or perhaps a contribution that works with infobox customizer to remove the corners?

This contribution sets up new classes for every box so every box code would have to be edited.

You have a few choices on what to do. If you are not going to have corner images on any of these boxes would be to replace the 3 corner images in your images/infobox folder with transparent gifs.

Then go through the boxes.php class file and change evey instance you find for the corner images to one of the following, going by the line you are changing.

infobox/corner_left.gif

infobox/corner_right_left.gif

infobox/corner_right.gif

For example line 217 says

$left_corner = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'BestSellersBox/corner_left.gif');

you would change that to

$left_corner = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'infobox/corner_left.gif');

Another option you have is to just go through all of the images they supplied with this contribution and replace them all with transparent gifs, then not worry about editing the code at all.

If you want little or no space on the right of the heading text in the boxes use a very narrow gif.. like 1x1 pixel

if you want to make an heading text indend a bit make the trans gif a bit wider like 10x1.

Hope that makes sence and helps some.

Wendy James

Archived