• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem uploading images into seperate directories

roders

To All,

I'm not sure why but I cant upload my images into seperate directories anymore?

Example, normally if I upload using the following

C:\my images\oscommerce pics\categories/picture.jpg

it would upload into

\catalog\images\categories\picture.jpg

On my latest oscommerce setup even using the / it still goes straight into the \catalog\images folder. :blink:

Anyone know what I should do or look for to fix this?

I dont want to have all my picutres stuck in the \images folder.

Regards

Rod.

I've never uploaded my images through osCommerce so I cannot answer your question directly.

If you upload the images through ftp the directory structure will be made assuming that you have the images in folders on your local system.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

I'm able to FTP an image into a subfolder, but then how to do you tell oscommerce to use that image? as by default it uses images in the /images directory and not subdirectories within??

Regards

Roderic

I've never uploaded my images through osCommerce so I cannot answer your question directly.

If you upload the images through ftp the directory structure will be made assuming that you have the images in folders on your local system.

I'm able to FTP an image into a subfolder, but then how to do you tell oscommerce to use that image? as by default it uses images in the /images directory and not subdirectories within??

Regards

Roderic

I also have this problem. I have done as the manual suggests and set the folder persmissions to 777. I uploaded the images to the folders I wish to use, but when I try to upload the images, they still go to the images folder and not an images/pds/beach folder.

I create pds and the beach folder and put images in beach folder. All folders for images/pds and beach are set to 777.

When I try this using the path in the manual pdf technique as he mentioned above, the images go to "images" no matter what I try. I even tried just pasting the path into the window instead of using browse, but when I do that, the page sits there and doesn't even try to save the path.

Liz

I also have this problem. I have done as the manual suggests and set the folder persmissions to 777. I uploaded the images to the folders I wish to use, but when I try to upload the images, they still go to the images folder and not an images/pds/beach folder.

I create pds and the beach folder and put images in beach folder. All folders for images/pds and beach are set to 777.

When I try this using the path in the manual pdf technique as he mentioned above, the images go to "images" no matter what I try. I even tried just pasting the path into the window instead of using browse, but when I do that, the page sits there and doesn't even try to save the path.

Liz

Same here also,... and worst, no explanation why it doesn't work any longer :'(

Hey guys, it sounds like you would need to make a small function that get's the directory you are uploading from, strip out the

"C:\my images\oscommerce pics\" and store the remainder in a variable which is appended to the end of the DIR_WS_IMAGES in the upload process.

Alternatively you could use a function that get's the category name from the category which you are adding the item to and use that in the upload process.

Seeing as this was posted on my birthday - If you would like me to create the function for you, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Sebastian

Archived