• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi Store Concept

satish

Hello,

Had analysed two of the Multi Store contribution and though they are good adding them with other contribution is bit tricky.

My Idea is that to have a Multistore with each store having its own data base and its own code.But thru some code we collect relevent data from all store and thru a cron script and FTP connections send it to the main store where the contribution code will handle the inputs and populate the data base.

This way all stores will be independent in there activities and can run without much problem of integrating this OSC contrib with other contrib and the admins at each store will have a free hand.

I would like to have Forum member idea on what benefits and short comings it will have before I can proceed with development of this contribution.

I will keep posting what ever I also feel is good or bad for such type of Multi Store concept for discussion.

Thanks in Advance.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hello,

Had analysed two of the Multi Store contribution and though they are good adding them with other contribution is bit tricky.

My Idea is that to have a Multistore with each store having its own data base and its own code.But thru some code we collect relevent data from all store and thru a cron script and FTP connections send it to the main store where the contribution code will handle the inputs and populate the data base.

This way all stores will be independent in there activities and can run without much problem of integrating this OSC contrib with other contrib and the admins at each store will have a free hand.

I would like to have Forum member idea on what benefits and short comings it will have before I can proceed with development of this contribution.

I will keep posting what ever I also feel is good or bad for such type of Multi Store concept for discussion.

Thanks in Advance.

Satish Mantri

If I can get suggestions/comments I assure a contribution that exceeds expectations.I rather want to know the probable short comings plus what all will the main admin like to have in his control.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

It would require that each store owner set up a cron job on their domain. Some won't have this facility (many of them in fact), and others would not know what a cron job is let alone how to implement one. Without a cron job running regularly the idea would not work.

For this reason alone I think the idea is flawed. I think also that it would just do what some existing contributions already do - just do it in a different way.

If you want to pursue this idea however then it's up to you. However, I don't think the Installation & Configuration Forum is the right forum for it. Maybe Contribution Announcements or Development would be better.

Vger

Archived