• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Delete attribute override

lucky644

Hello,

I have a LOT of attributes setup, and I want to remove some entirely. Problem is products are still using them, so it won't let me delete it.

Any way to override this so I can delete an attribute and remove it from all products?

--Lucky

a little bit more info. My site was just updated from regular os commerce to CLE Loaded 6.15 i bought both manuals it doesn't tell you anything in terms of how edit and change the attributes.

When i try to update the optional values' Product Values it does nothing. And i can't delete the optional values w/ items being used. Please help thanks

Jeffrey

Download the entire product database using Easy Populate.

Look at the file structure for each column.

v_products_model........................TSMFBR0515794.......TSLFB0516346

v_attribute_options_id_1...............1.............................1

v_attribute_options_name_1_1......Size.........................Size v_attribute_options_name_1_2

v_attribute_options_name_1_3

v_attribute_values_id_1_1............1..............................1

v_attribute_values_price_1_2........15............................<leave blank>

v_attribute_options_id_2...............2..............................2

v_attribute_options_name_2_1......Sport Size.................Sport Size

v_attribute_options_name_2_2

v_attribute_options_name_2_3

v_attribute_values_id_2_1............2..............................2

v_attribute_values_price_1_2.......<leave blank>...........7

When left blank on the price it will leave out of the attributes for that product. Everything else must remain or it will not work.

Prior to downloading set your sttributes to two different product type. Go into Attribute Manager and make sure that the two items selected are correct Write these two item numbers down, they will be your reference after you down load the product database.txt (view in excel).

Hello,

I have a LOT of attributes setup, and I want to remove some entirely.  Problem is products are still using them, so it won't let me delete it.

Any way to override this so I can delete an attribute and remove it from all products?

--Lucky

fastest way would be to find out which attributes you want to get rid of, and then delete the lines via an sql statement in phpmyadmin from the table products_attributes. You could then delete the options in admin, as no more products are tied to them. If you use the stock table form QTY PRO too, you'd need to delete them there too - manually, with sql.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived