• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems Accesing Admin after Install

mmyszka

I just installed oscommerce-2.2 MS2. The install appeared to go good i.e. no errors. When I selected the Admin button at the end of the installation or attempt to access the admin section by manually typing in www.mysite.com/catalog/admin/, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /virtual/..../catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

I am a newby to oscommerce so this is way out of my league...know just enough to be dangerous and mess things up. Actually this is my second installation, the first one went off without any problems. Both times I followed all directions and did not mess with anything.

I even deleted all oscommerce files, deleted the database, downloaded new files from www.oscommerce.com, uploaded new oscommerce files, created a new database, and started over. Same results.

Any help would be appreciated.

If it helps, here is my server info:

Apache: 1.3.33 (Unix)

PHP: 5.0.4

MySQL: 4.0.25-standard

Thanks,

Mike

caused by having php 5 installed, known bug Read me!

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Archived