• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

password protect admin

stelaing

Hi,

I'm trying to propect my admin pages with a password but when ever i type in a user name and password it does not save in the active user column.

Please note that there was an active user before but i tried to delete one of the names but both names seemed to delete and now i can't get a new one on.

Hope this makes sense and hear soon

Thanks

on your cpanel main page, near the bottom, there is a link to a tutorial which will show you what/how to use your cpanel items.

you need to click on protect, put something in there for the display, add a user and put a password in the box, then click on add . . .

on your cpanel main page, near the bottom, there is a link to a tutorial which will show you what/how to use your cpanel items.

you need to click on protect, put something in there for the display, add a user and put a password in the box, then click on add . . .

Thanks for the reply,

I've done what you said but it just does not save me as a user. I get taken to a page where it states that i am the user and this is my password, but when i go back, nothing is saved??

Thanks for the reply,

I've done what you said but it just does not save me as a user.  I get taken to a page where it states that i am the user and this is my password, but when i go back, nothing is saved??

Would be grateful if anyone out there knows why i can not save my name as a user????!!!!

I don't know cPanel as I use the Ensim Pro control panel, but this works with my control panel. Look for a link to Web Groups and set one up (call it what you like), then add a User to that web group (can be any name and password), then you use the Password Protect feature to protect the 'admin' folder and you select the user you just set up.

If that doesn't work on cPanel then follow Mibble's advice about the cPanel tutorial, and if that still does not help it to work then get onto your hosting company.

Vger

Archived