• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal not communicating w/ os commerce

bindoe

a customer placed an order through our online store and paid via paypal. os commerce however never showed the order under "pending orders" so we had no idea the order had been placed. 3 weeks later the costomer e-mails us with their proof of payment through paypal asking up about the order. i was so embarassed because i had no idea the order even existed.

can anyone help me prevent this from happening again. i would appreciate it greatly.

regards

bindoe

have you got the IPN setup correctly in the admin and also your paypal account?

I dont help with templates (thats what the seller is for)

th search function will often help, when it dont try this in google.

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums then your search word

a customer placed an order through our online store and paid via paypal.  os commerce however never showed the order under "pending orders" so we had no idea the order had been placed.  3 weeks later the costomer e-mails us with their proof of payment through paypal asking up about the order.  i was so embarassed because i had no idea the order even existed.

can anyone help me prevent this from happening again.  i would appreciate it greatly.

regards

bindoe

Well first and foremost is that always keep a check on what you are receiving as Payment at the Paypal end and reconcile with the orders.

Second thing is set up IPN and let the IPN code on successful payment email you an order copy.

This way you have three levels of tracking one direct at Paypal second thru OSc Admin and third as you get an email.

One more thing that I suggest to do is all the post By IPN should be logged and probably thru a cron script an email of that recd.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

i'm not the most computer savy person. you have to talk to me like i'm a 5 year old:) what and where is the IPN code and what should it be?

can you walk me through correcting this problem. I don't even know how to do a test run withough actually placing an charge on my own credit card. i appreciate the help.

i'm not the most computer savy person.  you have to talk to me like i'm a 5 year old:)  what and where is the IPN code and what should it be?

can you walk me through correcting this problem.  I don't even know how to do a test run withough actually placing an charge on my own credit card.  i appreciate the help.

Look IPN means Immediate Payment notification.Its a backend activity.

So using PHP log what is podted on that page by paypal into a file.

Ther can eb two cases.The file you think paypal will post is not the file that was specified either in out paypal setting so paypal did sent the data to some other file and so it was lost without being processed.

The other thing is though the dat was posted but due to some bug the payment complete condition never got executed.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived