• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up Image Directories

icouto

I've noticed that whenever I upload a product image for my catalog, the image always goes into the same directory. This sucks! How do I control that?

If I decide to delete an entire category later on, and that category has hundreds of products, I don't want to have to manually search through a gigantic directory! Is there a way to setup directories on the server, and have osCommerce upload the images to the directory of your choice?

Many thanks in advance for any hints! - I know I must be missing something basic!

There is a way to do it by editing the configuration files but I don't know how to do that... someone else may come along who knows.

I usually just install a WYSIWYG editer

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1347

which allows you to upload images to seperate folders, create folders while uploading etc.. as well as helps with product descriptions, emails, newsletters and so on.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I usually just install a WYSIWYG editer

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1347

which allows you to upload images to seperate folders, create folders while uploading etc.. as well as helps with product descriptions, emails, newsletters and so on.

Thanks for the tip! - it does sound like a gread ad-on, however I use Safari on a Macintosh - no Internet Explorer here - and if the comments in the contribution page are correct, it will not work for me. I tried Zen Cart yesterday, and it came with HTMLAREA pre-installed - and it did not work.

Is there any other Editor that you can suggest?

Or is there any other mod that allows us to upload images to specific directories on the server?

you can create the directory name underneath the images directory, naming it whatever you want to. then you will need to ftp the files up to your site. when adding products, you type in the directory name/image name

you can create the directory name underneath the images directory, naming it whatever you want to.  then you will need to ftp the files up to your site. 

No problems at all doing that! :thumbsup:

when adding products, you type in the directory name/image name

Now, *here* is the problem: when I add a product, I do NOT get an option to type in a location, etc. In order to link an image with that product, I actually have to CLICK on a 'Choose File' button, which gives me an 'Open...' dialog box, for me to search for a file in my local HD. There is no option for me to manually type in the location of a file already pre-loaded onto the server...

Am I missing something simple? :(

Now, *here* is the problem: when I add a product, I do NOT get an option to type in a location, etc. In order to link an image with that product, I actually have to CLICK on a 'Choose File' button, which gives me an 'Open...' dialog box, for me to search for a file in my local HD. There is no option for me to manually type in the location of a file already pre-loaded onto the server...

Yea its very plane jane. You will probably want a auto thumbnail contrib also.

Archived