• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal orders aren't being saved

when i click "confirm order" i am taken to the paypal page with total, details, etc.

but in my admin panel, it's not being saved -- at all.

what can i do to fix this?

when i click "confirm order" i am taken to the paypal page with total, details, etc.

but in my admin panel, it's not being saved -- at all.

what can i do to fix this?

Paypal has two differnet types of payment peocedures one is std and another is WPP.

Which are you using.

And If its a standard one then orders are logged when we return after successful payment.

So make sure that you are returned to a proper page if you see the page your order has been processed then everything is fine else there is some problem.

Please put further details.

Regards,

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

satish, i don't know? all i have done so far was enable paypal as a payment option and test it... where do  i go to find out which setting i'm on?

well are you using Sandbox.

Are you using the Paypal payment module that comes with MS 2.2 or

you are using Paypal IPN contribution.

Also if using Sandbox did you go ni the profile and set the radio buttons to proper values.

Please be more descriptive as there are so many issues when you talk about Paypal.

Satish Mantri

I'm having a similar problem . . .

I'm using the PayPal IPN module suppled by the oscommerce developers, not the independant contribution.

I'm using Sandbox to test everything--all of my IPN settings should be correct there (although I don't have an ipn url defined in the ipn preferences . . . am I right to assume that the module will supply that url automatically?).

Anyway, I do a test order. I'm sent to Paypal's payment area. Make a test payment, which I confirm. Click the return to merchant button. Then I'm returned to my website where it says the order was successful.

My oscommerce installation sends me an email with details of the order . . .

Everything looks good until I go to verify the order in my admin area. Click customers --> orders and I see nothing.

Although everything seems to work fine the paypal ipn module isn't actually writing the order to my database.

Any thoughts/suggestions/(preferably) solutions?

Thanks for your help,

-jlr1001

I'm having a similar problem . . .

I'm using the PayPal IPN module suppled by the oscommerce developers, not the independant contribution.

I'm using Sandbox to test everything--all of my IPN settings should be correct there (although I don't have an ipn url defined in the ipn preferences . . . am I right to assume that the module will supply that url automatically?).

Anyway, I do a test order.  I'm sent to Paypal's payment area.  Make a test payment, which I confirm.  Click the return to merchant button.  Then I'm returned to my website where it says the order was successful.

My oscommerce installation sends me an email with details of the order . . .

Everything looks good until I go to verify the order in my admin area.  Click customers --> orders and I see nothing.

Although everything seems to work fine the paypal ipn module isn't actually writing the order to my database.

Any thoughts/suggestions/(preferably) solutions?

Thanks for your help,

-jlr1001

HI,

The IPN concept is a backend concept.

SO when a payment is received Paypal will post payment notification to your IPN page.

You need to check whether you are receiving those notification or not.

Just log some variable in a file when ever you receive a notification thru your IPN page.

Hope this solves your problem.

Satish Mantri

Okay . . . so with the osCommerce-PayPal_IPN-v1.1 module I wouldn't see orders in my osCommerce admin area?

The other thing, I'm looking to use osCommerce for download products. If the IPN doesn't communicate back with osCommerce it doesn't actually release the product so the customer can download it.

(I've tested this with Paypal's sandbox, and I never get to the actual download).

Would this module not work for that purpose?

-jlr1001

HI,

The IPN concept is a backend concept.

SO when a payment is received Paypal will post payment notification to your IPN page.

You need to check whether you are receiving those notification or not.

Just log some variable in a file when ever you receive a notification thru your IPN page.

Hope this solves your problem.

Satish Mantri

Okay . . . so with the osCommerce-PayPal_IPN-v1.1 module I wouldn't see orders in my osCommerce admin area?

The other thing, I'm looking to use osCommerce for download products.  If the IPN doesn't communicate back with osCommerce it doesn't actually release the product so the customer can download it.

(I've tested this with Paypal's sandbox, and I never get to the actual download).

Would this module not work for that purpose?

-jlr1001

Well I think you misunderstood My first reply.

Paypal will post back in IPN but technically you can call it a back door posting.

So once the post is made to ipn script on your site and if the payment is successful then that script should set set the payment flag for it to be downloaded.

Satish Mantri

I see, so I wouldn't see it in the Order's area of my site until the IPN was received.

Therefore I could assume that Paypal didn't successfully contact my site. Does the module tell paypal what url to ping? Or should I input an IPN url in my papal account. If so, what url?

Thanks again for your help.

-jlr1001

Well I think you misunderstood My first reply.

Paypal will post back in IPN but technically you can call it a back door posting.

So once the post is made to ipn script on your site and if the payment is successful then that script should set set the payment flag for it to be downloaded.

Satish Mantri

I see, so I wouldn't see it in the Order's area of my site until the IPN was received.

Therefore I could assume that Paypal didn't successfully contact my site.  Does the module tell paypal what url to ping?  Or should I input an IPN url in my papal account.  If so, what url?

Thanks again for your help.

-jlr1001

go to your Paypal profile and set the IPN url.

Satish Mantri

well are you using Sandbox.

Are you using the Paypal payment module that comes with MS 2.2 or

you are using Paypal IPN contribution.

Also if using Sandbox did you go ni the profile and set the radio buttons to proper values.

Please be more descriptive as there are so many issues when you talk about Paypal.

Satish Mantri

i don't use any contributions for paypal. i installed the module that came with my oscommerce script and that's all i've done for it.

i'm not sure what you mean about setting radio buttons to proper values..

i don't use any contributions for paypal. i installed the module that came with my oscommerce script and that's all i've done for it.

i'm not sure what you mean about setting radio buttons to proper values..

No IPN contribution comes with MS2.2 fresh install.

Satish Mantri

I'm still not sure what url to set it to . . .  I don't see any mention of an IPN url in the contribution.

www.mydomain.com/(what is the rest of the url?)

Thanks for your help,

-J.L.

Hi,

I am also confused which Url I have to set !!

www.mydomain.com

or

www.mydomain.com/checkout_success.php ????

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Shahin

Archived