• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Labels not working

aldaffodil

what about this error:

ERROR :  Program has detected an unknown error and has returned you to the landing page.

Error Tracking Number : 1126067385353

when I generate an batch print

1. Log out

2. Log back in

3a. If you log in using the link that sends you to create a label once you log in, then you will be fine

3b. if you log in using the USPS page link, I think you have to follow their links to create a new label until you get to their form

4. Then you can go to the usps oscommerce form and submit it.

I think their new program is too smart, so that if you haven't gone to the start a label form yet then it runs into trouble.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THanks everyone. I'm so glad I found this. I forgot how much easier this contrib makes filling Priority Mail orders.

Here are the changes I made. They seem to work for me, but i make no guarantees :)

1. Changed the form action to: <form action="https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/saveLabelInformation.do" method="get" onsubmit="">

2. Change the following input names:

return_full_name to returnFullName

return_company_name to returnCompanyName

return_address_one to returnAddressOne

return_address_two to returnAddressTwo

return_urbanization to returnUrbanization

return_city to returnCity

return_state to returnState

return_zipcode to returnZipcode

delivery_full_name to deliveryFullName

delivery_company_name to deliveryCompanyName

delivery_address_one to deliveryAddressOne

delivery_address_two to deliveryAddressTwo

delivery_urbanization to deliveryUrbanization

delivery_city to deliveryCity

delivery_state to deliveryState

delivery_zipcode to deliveryZipcode

delivery_email to deliveryEmail

change the pound weight one to shippingWeightInPounds

change the ounce one to shippingWeightInOunces

change ship_from_zipcode to shipFromZipcode

I think that's all I did. Good luck.

I'm considering installing the new update but the people doing my shipping are not technically inclined. Someone really should develop a seamless system to work with USPS. It should also allow you to put in insurance at the first page (right now I have to submit, then go back and add it)... if someone writes a SOLID and flawless contribution or update to what I have, I will pay handsomely for it.

JL

Well, I've given it to the other person already.

I have to warn you, I've made extensive changes to the file:

removed "Urbanization"

removed e-mail notification (through USPS)

hard coded the weight to come up as 1 lb

condensed the whole table

added some javascript to create return labels

and maybe a few others that I can't remember

use at your own risk

http://www.wittydeals.com/tmp/differentshipping.txt

I'd love to use this but when I sub it in for my "shipping.php" file, still nothing.

The fields are all blank.

Any help? I've read over this 10 times and can't seem to find <form either...

Thanks

JL

I too would love to see this contribution updated. If I had the PHP knowledge, I'd take on the project myself.

For those still having trouble, the new files posted do work. I've noticed that if there's a period or other punctuation in either you or your customer's address, it will kick you back to the initial "create a label" page. Remove periods or other punctuation (change "St." to "ST" for example) and it works fine. Hope this helps some people.

This isn't the sub for shipping.php it's the sub for differentshipping.php

Well shoot. I don't have that file anywhere. Maybe I have an entirely different contribution, or maybe I'm just an idiot (likely).

Any help is apreciated.

JL

Search for "<form" in both my version and what you have.  Make your form tag look like my form tag.

Hey Brandon

Thanks for the reply,

Sorry for delay in response, as i been pulling hair on this one.

My whole file looks totally different than yours. so i am still trying,, but there is ver little simularity in the form area,,

At any rate, I wanted to let you know i was greatful for your effert.

Regards

Tom

oops, wrong message

1. Log out

2. Log back in

3a. If you log in using the link that sends you to create a label once you log in, then you will be fine

3b. if you log in using the USPS page link, I think you have to follow their links to create a new label until you get to their form

4. Then you can go to the usps oscommerce form and submit it.

I think their new program is too smart, so that if you haven't gone to the start a label form yet then it runs into trouble.

Edited by bubbasplitshot

Matthew, Many thanks for the tips! That did the trick.

:D

THanks everyone.  I'm so glad I found this.  I forgot how much easier this contrib makes filling Priority Mail orders.

Here are the changes I made.  They seem to work for me, but i make no guarantees :)

1.  Changed the form action to:  <form action="https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/saveLabelInformation.do" method="get" onsubmit="">

2.  Change the following input names:

return_full_name to returnFullName

return_company_name to returnCompanyName

return_address_one to returnAddressOne

return_address_two to returnAddressTwo

return_urbanization to returnUrbanization

return_city to returnCity

return_state to returnState

return_zipcode to returnZipcode

delivery_full_name to deliveryFullName

delivery_company_name to deliveryCompanyName

delivery_address_one to deliveryAddressOne

delivery_address_two to deliveryAddressTwo

delivery_urbanization to deliveryUrbanization

delivery_city to deliveryCity

delivery_state to deliveryState

delivery_zipcode to deliveryZipcode

delivery_email to deliveryEmail

change the pound weight one to shippingWeightInPounds

change the ounce one to shippingWeightInOunces

change ship_from_zipcode to shipFromZipcode

I think that's all I did.  Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else getting a new error when trying to submit a form? I'm getting the following...

SHIPPING CART ERROR : Error encountered in updateCart().getByCustomerAndBatchId

Error Tracking Number : 1128438003822

I've double checked my form and it's sending the correct fields to the correct URL. I've even looked at the cookies in my browser and it doesn't seem to be sending anything of consequence like a session hash. Is it using session variables now?

This is getting really annoying them changing the system all the time...

Edited by danberlyoung

Is anyone else getting a new error when trying to submit a form? I'm getting the following...

I've double checked my form and it's sending the correct fields to the correct URL. I've even looked at the cookies in my browser and it doesn't seem to be sending anything of consequence like a session hash. Is it using session variables now?

I don't know if it is a "new" error or what, but I'm getting it. I just installed the contribution. But I also get errors when I try more than one label and continuously an error with the return zip. Also, I find that this contribution is more work than it is worth as my customers invariably enter abbreviated addresses which causes problems as well. These constant errors popping up takes up too much time as I ship about 40 postal boxes a day, and even typing them in is faster then this contribution all things considered. The USPS system is too fussy.

I don't know if it is a "new" error or what, but I'm getting it. I just installed the contribution. But I also get errors when I try more than one label and continuously an error with the return zip. Also, I find that this contribution is more work than it is worth as my customers invariably enter abbreviated addresses which causes problems as well. These constant errors popping up takes up too much time as I ship about 40 postal boxes a day, and even typing them in is faster then this contribution all things considered. The USPS system is too fussy.

I just installed it today and after fixing the code so it would actually work, I'm getting the same error. Any ideas from anyone?

I looked into just working with usps webtools api for the shipping rate calculator, but they dont seem to have an api for priority mail. This seems like it would be the best solution for backward compatibility.

I completely agree. I rely on USPS priority for ALL of my mailing and these constant hiccups really make it difficult to stay ontop of the game. I'm anxiously awaiting the fix for this contribution.

I called CS at the USPS. I spoke to the lead CS person and she said that linking into Click n' Ship is NOT supported. She made it seem as though they are actually trying to stop us from using the system. When I asked if we could link into another API she said that all other connections require third-party payment systems. This is ridiculous! I?d be happy to write a new contribution if there was a way to use the ?proper? APIs and have the postage generated automatically (with tracking number, populating my account history, etc.).

Alas, I think the current error is a server side session variable thrown by JAVA. Unless you can fool their system into thinking you?ve set it on your osc page we?re sol. If someone had the specs for their system it could certainly help us figure out what's going on. At the end of the day we're all going to be playing catchup though - we fix our side, they change theirs again... Not a good long-term solution.

Another question, is there a reason nobody has written a contribution to link with eStamps, Pitney Bowes or one of these other third party systems? I haven't used any of them, but my guess is they also provide a workflow to automatically generate labels.

I think we all need a similar solution: generate USPS Priority Mail labels automatically, pre-popped with our OSC information.

Ok, if the USPS is set on keeping us out, so be it.

Are there any modules out there to print just mailing labels that we then just slap on packages? We would then use a PitneyBose(sp?) type postage machine to print the postage and screw the online system alltogether.

I'm going to start actively researching other shipping providers. If the USPS is going to be seemingly hostile to us automating use of their system, I'll just stop using it.

I really don't need this noise...

I called CS at the USPS. I spoke to the lead CS person and she said that linking into Click n' Ship is NOT supported. She made it seem as though they are actually trying to stop us from using the system. When I asked if we could link into another API she said that all other connections require third-party payment systems. This is ridiculous! I?d be happy to write a new contribution if there was a way to use the ?proper? APIs and have the postage generated automatically (with tracking number, populating my account history, etc.).

What the hell?! Why in the world would they do something like this?

"I'm sorry but we don't want to make it any easier for you to use our system."

I probably spend $400 a month shipping with these people and they're going to act like this?

I'm sending them a strongly worded email, I suggest everyone else do the same.

I guess it's time to look into new shipping options

Ok, I got mine to work all the time. Here is what I had to do and this might be an issue you guys are already aware of:

After logging in to usps.com, i submit the form from oscommerce. It fails and I am redirected. However, if you click on the domestic shipping link in the usps page, and then resubmit the form it works!

It must be storing something when you do that.

https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/enterLabelInfo.do <-- this is the page im talking about. try logging in and going there then trying to sbumit your form from your site. tell me if i am right please.

Edited by Gho5t

Ok, I got mine to work all the time. Here is what I had to do and this might be an issue you guys are already aware of:

After logging in to usps.com, i submit the form from oscommerce. It fails and I am redirected. However, if you click on the domestic shipping link in the usps page, and then resubmit the form it works!

It must be storing something when you do that.

https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/enterLabelInfo.do <-- this is the page im talking about. try logging in and going there then trying to sbumit your form from your site. tell me if i am right please.

Nope, not working for me. Still erring out the same way. Grrr...

(For what it's worth: Firefox on Mac OS X)

Pardon me while I go process my orders by copy/paste...

Edited by danberlyoung

My primary USPS account says it has 6 labels in the "basket". If I try to view what they are, I get:

ERROR : Program has detected an unknown error and has returned you to the landing page.

Error Tracking Number : 1128465382094

While talking with USPS customer service, I told him that I used a 3rd party plug in to send the addresses over, and he said "oscommerce?" He also told me that they don't like that.

I'm not able to use my primary account anymore, so I signed up for another account. That one was able to create labels again (manually).

I tried to do some modifications to my script to more closely mimic their page, and now my second account doesn't work anymore.

This sucks.

I guess it's back to a crap-load of ctrl-c ctrl-v.