osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Labels not working

aldaffodil

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the USPS Shipping Labels contribution installed.  It quit working all of the sudden today.  I am getting a "Page Not Found" error when I click continue.  Anyone know why or how to fix it?

I believe the problem is because the USPS added some stuff to the page regarding Service being suspended in areas damaged by Hurricane Katrina.

I'm not exactly sure how to fix it... but a better idea is for someone to figure out how to use the Shipping Label API rather than the current method. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that. So for now, I'm manually entering the address info.

I use this, and I think it does have to do with upgrades. It looks like the new version uses a different directory and the form names are different too.

I've revised my version, and I have almost everything working. But I am having one major problem. It's telling me to enter a valid zip code for the return address. It's showing the value that was passed to them (a valid zip), and no matter what I type in it will not see it as a valid zip after that.

Hmmmm...that's a very odd error to get. Perhaps the problem is with their page and not your code. Please upload it to the contribution if you get it working. I feel like I hit a brick wall. I'm so used to using this contrib. and it saves me so much time.

Actually, I found that if I restarted my browser the problem went away.

I won't upload my page to the contributions since I modified it too much. I've stripped out a lot of things that I would never use and condensed the whole page.

I'll see what I can do to get it to you.

Well, I've given it to the other person already.

I have to warn you, I've made extensive changes to the file:

removed "Urbanization"

removed e-mail notification (through USPS)

hard coded the weight to come up as 1 lb

condensed the whole table

added some javascript to create return labels

and maybe a few others that I can't remember

use at your own risk

http://www.wittydeals.com/tmp/differentshipping.txt

I think the only changes that you need to make to your file is:

1. change where the form is submitted to

2. change the names of the fields.  They used to use field names such as "return_Full_Name" and now they are using "returnFullName"

I still seem to be having problems. what do I change where the form is submitted to?

I've gotten this to work by using the file you linked too, and I appreciate the help. Unfortunately, I can no longer have more than one label in my cart at a time. Before when I'd create a label, it would sit in my cart. Then, when I created another label, it would add it to the cart as well. Now, it appears that only the current label stays in the cart. Any way to fix this?

By the way, I was still having trouble with this too until I removed a period from my shipping address. Then the problem vanished.

I can no longer have more than one label in my cart at a time.  Before when I'd create a label, it would sit in my cart.  Then, when I created another label, it would add it to the cart as well.  Now, it appears that only the current label stays in the cart.  Any way to fix this?

I'm having that same problem too. It may be because of their new program and be out of our control.

Stupid upgrade.

Ok, I just figured out what you have to do to do multiple labels.

When you are looking at your shopping cart with the list of lables showing, you have to click on "Create New Label" at the bottom of the page. Then you can go to oscommerce and start another label.

What a time-saver.

Oh yeah, and I also had to change the login link. It works on my page.

2. change the names of the fields.  They used to use field names such as "return_Full_Name" and now they are using "returnFullName"

what Url to change? and which files to modify? Can someone write details about it

I use this, and I think it does have to do with upgrades.  It looks like the new version uses a different directory and the form names are different too.

I've revised my version, and I have almost everything working.  But I am having one major problem.  It's telling me to enter a valid zip code for the return address.  It's showing the value that was passed to them (a valid zip), and no matter what I type in it will not see it as a valid zip after that.

I have the same problem with the zip code. Does anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks

Hmm,, changed the names of the fields, but not sure i understand where to change the form submitted to, and what to change that to.

Any one point me there?

Thanks

Tom

New problems:

We were unable to process your request. Please correct the error(s) indicated below.

- An invalid Delivery Address was entered. Please verify address, including apartment, suite, etc. Additional assistance is available at Find ZIP Codes

Well, I've given it to the other person already.

I have to warn you, I've made extensive changes to the file:

removed "Urbanization"

removed e-mail notification (through USPS)

hard coded the weight to come up as 1 lb

condensed the whole table

added some javascript to create return labels

and maybe a few others that I can't remember

use at your own risk

http://www.wittydeals.com/tmp/differentshipping.txt

Your version actually looks to be superior to the current downloadable version I am worried however about the return labels you added. What does it do and how can I disable that feature?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Your version actually looks to be superior to the current downloadable version I am worried however about the return labels you added. What does it do and how can I disable that feature?

Thanks for your efforts. Any chance you have the code to add for email notification. I have been able to use your code so far and would like to add the email. Actually it would be nice to hard code it to be default as send email confirmation.

Tony Mazz

New problems:

We were unable to process your request. Please correct the error(s) indicated below.

- An invalid Delivery Address was entered. Please verify address, including apartment, suite, etc. Additional assistance is available at Find ZIP Codes

I found out that when you get the zip code error, you can log out of the USPS web site and then log back in and then start over. Then the error should be gone.

I don't have the exact code to add to get the email back, but if you compared the two files, you should be able to add those fields back. I don't want USPS to send the emails since I copy the tracking number into the message field when I update their order to shipped.

The return address links at the top just change the values of the addresses. It doesn't submit anything. If you want to disable it, then just remove that text link.

Here is what seems to be a functional version of the differentshipping.php file. I've changed all the field names and redirected the form and it seems to be working for me at the moment.

One extra addition, it puts the invoice number beside the return address. That helps in matching up our mailing labels with the already packed and numbered boxes.

As always, absolutely *nothing* is guaranteed and use at your own risk, yada, yada, yada...

http://www.saturdaybang.com/test/differentshipping.phps

Later, --Dan