• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

banner & index help PLEASE!!

beatdigger

I am new to setting up my shopping cart.

I altered some text on my index.php page and then it wouldn't load no matter what line I went in to correct. My fix was to delete everything from the PHP box but now my page loads too plain.

Then I wanted to remove the oscommerce banner from the top so I went into banner_php and now my page won't load again due to various line and parse errors.

Can someone give me the original codes for both the default index.php page AND the banner.php page so I can get my store to load again?

Also... what did I do wrong? I didn't think I altered the PHP code at all but I am new.

This is so frustrating. Going on 6 hrs now troubleshooting.

Help is greatly appreciated.

I've already tried the search function.

Thanks.

Al

I am new to setting up my shopping cart.

I altered some text on my index.php page and then it wouldn't load no matter what line I went in to correct.  My fix was to delete everything from the PHP box but now my page loads too plain.

Then I wanted to remove the oscommerce banner from the top so I went into banner_php and now my page won't load again due to various line and parse errors.

Can someone give me the original codes for both the default index.php page AND the banner.php page so I can get my store to load again?

Also... what did I do wrong? I didn't think I altered the PHP code at all but I am new.

This is so frustrating. Going on 6 hrs now troubleshooting.

Help is greatly appreciated.

I've already tried the search function.

Thanks.

Al

Damn still waiting.

Thanks!

I never thought to DL that file because I am on a mac. I guess I'm used to seeing a mac logo and didn't realize I could just DL the linux version.

I got a PM from a moderator saying that I need a 3rd party upload program to alter pages and not to use the admin tool/file mangaer.

This made me super mad considering that it says one can use the admin right on the home page!

Damn it!

but thanks

Archived