• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newsletter products, HTML email

scottyb

I am installing version 3.0.1 and have a question. In the install directions, there is no instrutions on what to do in the admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file, but the file is in the attached files.

Are there changes to be done to this admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file?

I have already modified that file with other contritbutions, so please, I need to the exact install instructions for that file, if any.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am installing version 3.0.1 and have a question. In the install directions, there is no instrutions on what to do in the admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file, but the file is in the attached files.

Are there changes to be done to this admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file?

I have already modified that file with other contritbutions, so please, I need to the exact install instructions for that file, if any.

This one you will find it in the update_to_3.0.txt file.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the contribution newsletter unsubscribe. How can I use the unsubscribe link from that add on with this add on?

That contribution say to change the following in admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter.php from this code

$mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce bulk mailer'));
  $mimemessage->add_text($this->content);
  $mimemessage->build_message();
  while ($mail = tep_db_fetch_array($mail_query)) {
	$mimemessage->send($mail['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $mail['customers_lastname'], $mail['customers_email_address'], '', EMAIL_FROM, $this->title);
  }

to this code

// Begin Unsubscribe hack
	$mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce bulk mailer'));
	   $mimemessage->add_html($this->content . TEXT_UNSUBSCRIBE . '<a href="' . HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '">' . HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '</a>');
$mimemessage->send($mail['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $mail['customers_lastname'], $mail['customers_email_address'], '', EMAIL_FROM, $this->title);
	}
  // End Unsubscribe hack

I am assuming I change this code in admin/includes/mdules/newsletters/newssletter_products

$mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce bulk mailer', $messageId));

//$mimemessage->add_text($this->content);
  //$text = $this->text_content();

$mimemessage->add_html($this->html_content(), $this->text_content(), HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the contribution newsletter unsubscribe. How can I use the unsubscribe link from that add on with this add on?

That contribution say to change the following in admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter.php from this code

$mimemessage->add_html($this->html_content(), $this->text_content(), HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

add this before: $this->html_content()

$this->content . TEXT_UNSUBSCRIBE . '<a href="' . HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '">' . HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '</a>',

It should looks like:

$mimemessage->add_html($this->content . TEXT_UNSUBSCRIBE . '<a href="' . HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '">' . HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '</a>', $this->html_content(), $this->text_content(), HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES)

I have an older v2.0 of the newsletter products contribution installed but with a few hacks around for a testsend function to send a single copy of the newsletter to site admin as a tester before doing the full send

Well i have an issue with it, and i think it is related to a mysql5 / php5 upgrade we did earlier this year (newsletter hasnt been used since)

the error i get is as follows:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = p.products_id and p.pr' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_price from ((products p, products_description pd) left join specials s) on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id in() and pd.language_id=1

help ;)

Hi!

I think you need just to change the line:

add this before: $this->html_content()

$this->content . TEXT_UNSUBSCRIBE . '<a href="' . HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '">' . HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '</a>',

It should looks like:

$mimemessage->add_html($this->content . TEXT_UNSUBSCRIBE . '<a href="' . HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '">' . HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE . "?email=" . $mail['customers_email_address'] . '</a>', $this->html_content(), $this->text_content(), HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES)

Thank you, I wll give it a try

• 4 weeks later...

please help

my newsletter_product module and template is dispalaying now in my admin;s newsletters manager. but the products pictures are small and broken and imgetting error upon sending.......

the error:

Fatal error: Class 'email' not found in /home/www/bestsellersmobiles.org/online-store/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_products.php on line 249

Newsletter Manager

Sending E-Mail Please wait .. sending emails ..

Please do not interrupt this process!

i think its forever and nothing happend.. please help..

br,

parot

please help

my newsletter_product module and template is dispalaying now in my admin;s newsletters manager. but the products pictures are small and broken and imgetting error upon sending.......

the error:

Fatal error: Class 'email' not found in /home/www/bestsellersmobiles.org/online-store/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_products.php on line 249

Newsletter Manager

br,

parot

please help

the error:

Newsletter Manager

thid is my line 249 : $mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce bulk mailer', $messageId));

br,

parot

Lookin at that it says to me you have failed to install correctly, go over the install again checking everything you do thoughally.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Lookin at that it says to me you have failed to install correctly, go over the install again checking everything you do thoughally.

thanks great sam

do i have to import the sql again?

thanks and take care

br

parot

Edited by loneparot

thanks great sam

do i have to import the sql again?

thanks and take care

br

parot

No, once the entries r in your dbase do not want to repeat, as that may create duplicate entries there.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

No, once the entries r in your dbase do not want to repeat, as that may create duplicate entries there.

its working now... with reinstalling. i dont know what happend but i just restore my configure.php backup

but i have fck editor issue. so what i did was reverted my admin/categories.php to txt_area_firld.. now my product description can read codes.. ican copy paste a code from html. hahaha. ican even embbed youtube....thanks sam

thanks and take care

br,

parot

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a problem with this contri.

When i create an email and i want to see the preview i get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '%', expecting ']' in admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_products.php(179) : eval()'d code on line 1

Can someone help me to solve this?

Thank you

Twindaddy

Hello,

I have a problem with this contri.

When i create an email and i want to see the preview i get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '%', expecting ']' in admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_products.php(179) : eval()'d code on line 1

Can someone help me to solve this?

Thank you

Twindaddy

Can you post the file?

• 4 weeks later...

Can you post the file?

Thanks for youre help, and sorry for my late reaction.

I solved the problem by myself, i selected something wrong.

Butt, i stille have a question.

I want to putt a background image in the newsletters, butt when i press the buton, nothing happened.

I can not select an background image.

I think wehn i press the button a screen must popup so i can select an image, butt nothing happened.

Can you help me with this?

Thank you and sorry again.

regards

Twindaddy

• 3 weeks later...

All working!

Except that there is no images at all.

I tried modifing configure.php with diferent solutions of this thread:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES_O', DIR_WS_CATALOG .'images/');
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER_EMAIL', 'http://www.myweb.com/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES_EMAIL', 'images/');

$html_content .= '</tr><tr><td align="center" width="' . $width . '%"><a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_id']) . '" style="' . $cssLink . '">' . tep_image_newsletter(HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER_EMAIL . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES_EMAIL . $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_image'], $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_name'], 92, 92) . '<br>' . $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_name'] . '</a><br>';
			$price = ($this->productsInfo[$i]['specials_price']) ? '<span style="'. $cssMarkdown . '">' . $currencies->display_price($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  <span style="' . $cssSale . '">' . $currencies->display_price($this->productsInfo[$i]['specials_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>' : '<span style="' . $cssPrice . '">' . $currencies->display_price($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
			$html_content .= $price . '</td>';
			$col = 0;
		} else {
			$html_content .= '<td align="center" width="' . $width . '%"><a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_id']) . '" style="' . $cssLink . '">' . tep_image_newsletter(HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER_EMAIL . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES_EMAIL . $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_image'], $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_name'], 92, 92) . '<br>' . $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_name'] . '</a><br>';
			$price = ($this->productsInfo[$i]['specials_price']) ? '<span style="' . $cssMarkdown . '">' . $currencies->display_price($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  <span style="' . $cssSale . '">' . $currencies->display_price($this->productsInfo[$i]['specials_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>' : '<span style="' . $cssPrice . '">' . $currencies->display_price($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
		}

also this one.

$html_content .= '</tr><tr><td align="center" width="' . $width . '%"><a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_id']) . '" style="' . $cssLink . '">' . tep_image_newsletter(HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES_O . $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_image'], $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_name'] . '</a><br>';
			$price = ($this->productsInfo[$i]['specials_price']) ? '<span style="'. $cssMarkdown . '">' . $currencies->display_price($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  <span style="' . $cssSale . '">' . $currencies->display_price($this->productsInfo[$i]['specials_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>' : '<span style="' . $cssPrice . '">' . $currencies->display_price($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
			$col = 0;
		} else {
			$html_content .= '<td align="center" width="' . $width . '%"><a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_id']) . '" style="' . $cssLink . '">' . tep_image_newsletter(HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES_O . $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_image'], $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $this->productsInfo[$i]['products_name'] . '</a><br>';
			$price = ($this->productsInfo[$i]['specials_price']) ? '<span style="' . $cssMarkdown . '">' . $currencies->display_price($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  <span style="' . $cssSale . '">' . $currencies->display_price($this->productsInfo[$i]['specials_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>' : '<span style="' . $cssPrice . '">' . $currencies->display_price($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($this->productsInfo[$i]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

I dont know whats going bad.

My catalog/images folder is on the roor with CHMOD 755.

• 1 month later...

I posted this in another thread, but I also wanted to post it here. Can anyone help?

When I go into the program phpMyAdmin (provided by my hosting company) I see the table visitors is set up. This is what it shows when I click on it.

databaseinfo2.jpg

databaseinfo.jpg

So it appears I've created the table. Why am I still getting this error?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/myname/mysite.com/catalog/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /hsphere/local/home/myname/mysite.com/catalog/includes/functions/database.php  on line 13

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed this contribution and I'm happy with it. There's just one problem:

My pictures are not showed in the e-mail (and the preview). I've tried to find where the images are located in the added code, but I can't find it. In which part of the code should it be edited?

Thanks