• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attributes

miked

Morning all.

I'm a new active member to the forum even though I've had my store more or less online for a few months while I build up product listings and massage the site.

My first question is, if I have a product that has a number of different colors available (approx 120), or if I have a product that has different sizes, how can I avoid having to make a product listing for each individual color or size of that particular product. Is there a way to create a product with a pulldown of all the various colors or the various sizes, so the customer just selects the color or size they want and place it into the shopping cart order?

My second question is, I have some products in which shipping is included in the price, but others are not. Is there a way to differentiate when they place the order so they don't get charged extra shipping?

Lastly (for now), is there a way to charge for shipping up to a certain total order amount, then have free shipping after that amount, except for oversize packages?

I know I'm asking alot, but I do appreciate your assistance. I have learned alot by just viewing the forum in the past few months.

Again, thanks in advance.

Mike

On product attributes

1. Click product attributes

2. Under Product Option type "color" and then hit "insert"

3. Under Product Values type make sure you have "color" selected and then type the color you want. Click insert.

4. Toward the bottom under "Product Attributes" select the item you want to add the attribute to. In the second box select color and in the third box select the color you want to add. In the final box you can add or subtract money from the original total of the item. Click Insert. Repeat this step for each color.

That is it.

Some helpful contribution:

New Attribute Manager (better admin interface)

option type feature (if you want to add text box, checkbox ex ex)

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was able to try it just yesterday and it works great. Now I'll try the New attribute manager. What does the option type feature actually do?

Thanks again for your help,

Mike

On product attributes

1. Click product attributes

2. Under Product Option type "color" and then hit "insert"

3. Under Product Values type make sure you have "color" selected and then type the color you want. Click insert.

4. Toward the bottom under "Product Attributes" select the item you want to add the attribute to. In the second box select color and in the third box select the color you want to add. In the final box you can add or subtract money from the original total of the item. Click Insert. Repeat this step for each color.

That is it.

Some helpful contribution:

New Attribute Manager (better admin interface)

option type feature (if you want to add text box, checkbox ex ex)

Archived