• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

index page url

ronan

Hey,

I have just set up my first oscommerce store. The url should be www.gkdesigns.ie but the hosting company that set it for me have sent me the link www.gkdesigns.ie/oscommerce to open the store. When i put in www.gkdesigns.ie i get a scrolling message saying 'test ok'. How do i set it up so that when someone types in the www.gkdesigns.ie address the main store will open.

I know i could just set up a meta redirect tag but i think this would cause problems with search engines.

Thanks

<?php

Header('Location:https://www.gkdesigns.ie/oscommerce/catalog/index.php');

?>

put that in your nonsecure index.php

Thats part of the problem though. I dont have an index.php set up yet and dont know how. Sorry for being such a dunce about this :-"

Thats part of the problem though.? I dont have an index.php set up yet and dont know how.? Sorry for being such a dunce about this? :-"

osCommerce builds the structure for you, if you have it installed properly, its there. Do you know PHP or HTML?

Not sure i understand your problem, i hit your link and osCommerce is there and working

I see your problem, you can use the meta redirect, otherwise you need to put a link on that page to the store www.gkdesigns.ie/oscommerce or the php redirect i talked about. You must eaither edit index.html or index.php in the home directory

Thanks for the reply's!! 

All i want is the shop to open up when someone types in www.gkdesigns.ie .  I have seen other oscommerce sites and when you type in for example www.shopfoodex.com it then automatically dedirects you to the store at http://www.shopfoodex.com/catalog/start.php . how is this done?

Cheers

With a meta or header redirect like i told you. Call your hosting company and tell them to redirect it.

The ways ive told you is exactly how this business is run. If your not sure how to create and edit files, this is not somthing you want to tackle on your own.

Archived