• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I need the following features from my cart please?

steve shakeshaft

Hello all, I'm writing a website for a new business and I think OSC might be what I need.

I need to be able to-

1 Quote for parts made to a customer specification which have variable price depending on spec

2 Sell some fixed price goods (no problem I guess!)

2a But reserve the final ordering until I've quoted for postage and/or insurance?

3 Enable quotations or orders by Fax or 'phone

4 Use "Protx" payment system

5 If possible install on a non-secure http:// (Linux/Apache/PHP) server using Protx as the secure payment gateway

6 Have black background with white text to match the rest of the website. Is there a template to do this that I can download?

7 If possible work with an accounting package like TasBooks or similar?

If it can do this, then OSC is for me!

Thanks.

Steve.

Hello all, I'm writing a website for a new business and I think OSC might be what I need.

I need to be able to-

1  Quote for parts made to a customer specification which have variable price depending on spec

2  Sell some fixed price goods (no problem I guess!)

2a  But reserve the final ordering until I've quoted for postage and/or insurance?

3  Enable quotations or orders by Fax or 'phone

4  Use "Protx" payment system

5  If possible install on a non-secure http:// (Linux/Apache/PHP) server using Protx as the secure payment gateway

6  Have black background with white text to match the rest of the website.  Is there a template to do this that I can download?

7  If possible work with an accounting package like TasBooks or similar?

If it can do this, then OSC is for me!

Thanks.

Steve.

If you ask your customer for any data, may it only be their name, you should use SSL.

All items you emntioned can be done, some with contributions, some with custom coding. Not sure about TasBooks though.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived