• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SAFE MODE Restriction

cbspl

I had everything up and running and the suddenly :-

Warning: session_save_path(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32519 is not allowed to access owned by uid 0 in /home2/barebumz/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 222

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/barebumz/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php:222) in /home2/barebumz/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home2/barebumz/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php:222) in /home2/barebumz/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

All of the forums tips I've seen does fix the problem. Please Please help me now.

Headers already sent errors are usually due to whitespace.

Check your /includes/functions/sessions.php to see if there are any gaps between the top of the page and the first <?php tag and after it beofre the code begins. Usually though it is at the end of the page after the last ?>

Try it anyway and see if it helps. Also look at anything you have modified before this happened to check the same.

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Warning: session_save_path(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32519 is not allowed to access owned by uid 0 in /home2/barebumz/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 222

Its to bad PHP doesnt print the real error message in red. Whitespace is hard to see and causes a lot of problems but once the error message above is sent before the headers are sent then it should be obvious that it was not a whitespace problem.

Wow uid 32519 thats scarry!

I think you have to change you /tmp/ dir to a private tmp dir that uid 32519 owns like /home2/barebumz/tmp/

I had everything up and running and the suddenly :-

Warning: session_save_path(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.

If you had this up and running and then it stopped running - then it's the case that your hosting company switched PHP over to running in Safe Mode without telling you. It's going to be a nightmare running this site in Safe Mode, because even if you solve this problem you'll encounter others.

Best advice - move now, and not to a host using Windows servers.

Vger

Hi

I have same problem as yours, did you find out the problem? Mine is:

Warning: session_save_path(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/xxx/public_html) in /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 110

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /home/xxx/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Did you manage someone help you fix problem yet? Or anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

R

Is there anything else I can check or test?

The funny thing is I have another site, www.thatswicked.com.au, which shoudl be identical and its working fine.

I have checked the "white space" issue and I can't see anything.

In the session.php file the lines are 222 & 68 :-

220 function tep_session_save_path($path = '') {

221 if (!empty($path)) {

222 return session_save_path($path);

223 } else {

224 return session_save_path();

225 }

226 }

66 function tep_session_start() {

67 // >>> BEGIN REGISTER_GLOBALS

68 $success = session_start();

70 // Work-around to allow disabling of register_globals - map all defined