• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Add to cart to see price"

My supplier has instituted a Minimum Advertised Price policy that requires that I hide any price below MSRP (which is half of my store) by doing the old "Add to Cart in order to See Price" thing.

I hate that, but I have to do it. Anyone know how I should do this? Thanks!

Not sure if your supliers would be ok with it but I know there is a hide prices for unregistered visitors contribution. That wouldn't show prices unless they were logged in.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

My supplier has instituted a Minimum Advertised Price policy that requires that I hide any price below MSRP (which is half of my store) by doing the old "Add to Cart in order to See Price" thing.

I hate that, but I have to do it.  Anyone know how I should do this?  Thanks!

I've never tried it, but this contribution may work.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1725

I've never tried it, but this contribution may work.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1725

I installed the contribution, per the instructions. However, when I set my product price below the MAP price, I see the MAP price with the text "MAP_WARNING" under the MAP price. I thought it was supposed to hide the price in that situation until the user added it to the cart.

Incidentally, after seeing the hideous "MAP_WARNING" text under the price, I added it to my cart, which then showed the correct price in the cart.

So if I could just squash this ugly "MAP_WARNING" text bug, I think I'll be set.

Is there any way to show the MAP price with a strikethrough (i.e. crossed out) and text that says "Add to cart" without changing the underlying php?

Archived