• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please review my site! Please speak freely!

It's in real time so don't actual buy unless you really want too LOL

I Know that my links page don't work yet/

www.yammiwear.com

THANKS CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!

www.yammiwear.com

Links you can click get better results.

Your images are over compressed- they have too many artifacts. Your logo image is too small to read clearly, and its hard to see against the bright green background color.

My advice comes in two flavors- Pick the one that won't offend you.

Hard and Cynical: How to Make a Horrible osCommerce Site

Warm and Fuzzy: How to Make an Awesome osCommerce Site

Copyright ? 2005 Company Name Powered by osCommerce

Obviously a template and you forgot to alter the default 'Put your company name here' type of link.

No SSl to protect customers details, login, accounts etc. is a complete turn-off, and I would never shop on a site without ssl for those areas.

Why you have a language link at the top of the page (with image missing) when you only have one language, and why you have a currency box when you only have one currency are mysteries.

There's no About Us', or Shipping & Returns, or Privacy Policy.

When I click on the Yammi Boutique link I end up on a Joker.Com holding page.

This site needs a lot of work.

Vger

It's in real time so don't actual buy unless you really want too LOL

I Know that my links page don't work yet/

www.yammiwear.com

THANKS CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!

I do not think your site is "ready" to open for business.

Nearly all of the product pages open with the CATEGORIES heading - which tends to lead me to believe I am going to be able to see all the categories you have to offer from under whichever Nav link I just clicked on...

You should correct this or omit the heading of Categories all together.

When I tried the Flag Teddy Bears link - I just got a bunch of waving flags - went everywhere I could, never did see a Teddy Bear Flag

I also tried the ornament flag link - seen one or two [OK, there was three maybe] ornaments amuck the many waving flags. Take those flags down if they do not have anything to do with teddy bears or ornaments!

You have to fix the HOME page with the " WHAT'S NEW HERE? " thing ... I was really confused why the What's New stuff was showing products that didn't have any price, I wondered if they were free? Or if this was a mistake? It didn't cause me to think they were samples until I read more carefully ....... this is NOT good - REMEMBER! You only get THREE seconds in order to get the desired result = "I WANT THAT " response from by having created a visually pleasing POS [point of sale]!

I did not like that some times I could shop Alphabetically and sometimes I could not!

When you have many, many pages to go through to find what your consumer is looking for [say, the Scotland Flag Blanket] two things....... make your Alpha list to select from at the top of ALL your pages and secondly, be sure to go back into the 'setting up of your store' and check the box that allows page numbers to appear at both the top and the bottom of the product pages.

I find it very annoying at web sites that MAKE me scroll to the bottom [sometimes it seems like an endless scroll] of every page just to get to the next page to find the item I am looking for and more annoying whenver I am unable to select alphabetically and still am expected to scroll multiple pages as well! It would piss me off if some pages had the ALPHA list and some did not -- I'd be gone and wouldn't bother telling you why or coming back to see if you fixed it!

You need to work on how your images are not consistent. One page they appear at one size, then anothe radn then even another!

When I click to enlarge images they do NOT enlarge very much at all!

When I see an option to enlarge an image, I want to see HUGE enlarged images! I want to see as much of the details as possible without distortion!

Again, the way you have it working now, is only going to irritate potential customers and probaly more than you realize.

Why bother with the "Select your Language" if you only offer one language and to top it off, the graphical icon of the language being offered is not working [appearing] either!

Your HOME page and your LINK page are one in the same - be sure to change your LINK page to some text that says many links will being offered here for [the purpose of what ?] ... but I am puzzled what kind of links would be advantegous to your consumers? What can possibly be related to your product that would NOT potentially take away business from you? so......... maybe you do not want or need a LINKS page to begin with ???

I also thought that your search tool was a bit too messy ---- the pull down menu looks messy - too condusing - just let the consumer type in Scotland and have all the matches retrived at once. What you have now is hardly different then scrolling through your Nav area.

No mention of a SSL ??

No mention anywhere of your "Policies" ??

These are Not Good!

And I especially don't see the value in linking your "botique" to your web host provider - especaiully when there was no way to return except for the "back" button on the browser - never connect to another site without taking complete control of where the visitor / custoemr can go once they are there and especially not, without controlling their purchasing power!!

I hope you find value in what I have listed here for you to work on. Best of luck - it looks like you have a great product plan - matter of fact I would become a potential customer too!

Babs

PS:

I did not find one thing among your listed products that I can actually WEAR - what IS YammiWear anyway?

Babs

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"What has been, has been, what will come, will come.

Our job is to learn from the past, keep looking ahead, and find joy in each moment."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yes its a template is that a problem? Some of us are not as gifted in programming as many so we have to use other means. Sorry.

As for SSL I didn't have it with my old site and lots of people ordered. This is not a brand new business its been around for 4 years and does VERY well. Just trying to give the site a new look and feel but still have a sence of family owned business to it.

We are working on the SSL issue.

In my orginal post I stated that the links were not working it should be soon.

It has lanquages because later on spanish will be added at a later time.

Thanks for your commments.

Keep them coming!

www.yammiwear.com

Links you can click get better results.

Your images are over compressed- they have too many artifacts.  Your logo image is too small to read clearly, and its hard to see against the bright green background color.

Oddly enough I am getting alot of orders since the new layout (SMILE) ALot of what you said makes sence and will change those thanks.

This business started as an adoption business but branched out to anyone of culture. My daughter was adopted from Cambodia. Her name is Yammi and going through the process of her adoption I designed clothes for her and her clothing line is Yammi Wear but it branched into more than just clothes but cultural items too. You can wear a blanket over you when its' cold teehee

There is more to the story but that will be in the about us section when I get to that on my very long list.

also....

in Safari on a Mac... your site looks like this:

store.jpg

it does look fine in Explorer and Firefox on the Mac and although Mac Users are the minority... but there's really no reason that the site should look out of wac.

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

and though you have spanish and other currencies coming soon...

it should not be listed on your site till it is being offered.....

visitors clicking on those links to find broken pages will think of your site as amateurish.....

and be wary about placing orders...

you state that you are getting alot more orders.....

but do you understand how many orders you may be losing because you don't have certain things in place?

and though some people who aren't net savvy will place orders without such percautions

if something happens to their data because you have not protected it, you will be held directly responsible and this has the potential to shut down your business....

My Contribution

and though you have spanish and other currencies coming soon...

it should not be listed on your site till it is being offered.....

visitors clicking on those links to find broken pages will think of your site as amateurish.....

and be wary about placing orders...

you state that you are getting alot more orders.....

but do you understand how many orders you may be losing because you don't have certain things in place?

and though some people who aren't net savvy will place orders without such percautions

if something happens to their data because you have not protected it, you will be held directly responsible and this has the potential to shut down your business....

I really don't understand the fuss about SSL as long as the creditcard-details are protected. Who in the world is interested in the address and order data of the buyers in this shop? It wouldn't stop me from buying. I have my address in the phonebook.

I think the shop looks cute BTW

Oddly enough I am getting alot of orders since the new layout (SMILE)  ALot of what you said makes sence and will change those thanks.

This business started as an adoption business but branched out to anyone of culture.  My daughter was adopted from Cambodia.  Her name is Yammi and going through the process of her adoption I designed clothes for her and her clothing line is Yammi Wear but it branched into more than just clothes but cultural items too.  You can wear a blanket over you when its' cold teehee

There is more to the story but that will be in the about us section when I get to that on my very long list.

Now im just an average Joe (Tim actualy) and I think it looks nice.

Hey, I have no programming skills and its not obvious to me that its a template.

Not everyone will notice the small stuff.

But what do I know, im just average. :'(

I'm a victim of circumstance

I really don't understand the fuss about SSL as long as the creditcard-details are protected.  Who in the world is interested in the address and order data of the buyers in this shop? It wouldn't stop me from buying.  I have my address in the phonebook.

I think the shop looks cute BTW

The fuss is, as I understand it, is that the credit card info can be stolen IN TRANSIT. A lot of merchant in the US won't offer you a merchant account unless you're site is using SSL as a safeguard to themselves from any litiagation that might arise.

My Contribution

The fuss is, as I understand it, is that the credit card info can be stolen IN TRANSIT. A lot of merchant in the US won't offer you a merchant account unless you're site is using SSL as a safeguard to themselves from any litiagation that might arise.

But paypal is my credit processor not my site. In addition, my husband set up the site somehow to export the costumers information to my custom made database (that he designed) on the server that is triple password protected. Don't ask me how it did it I have no clue but i know it works. teehee

Thanks for you kind comments too! Those are always good to hear too!

I really don't understand the fuss about SSL as long as the creditcard-details are protected

Let's see now - what sensitive information are you asked to provide when you sign up? Full Name, Date of Birth maybe (often used by banks for online banking access), your full address, and your telephone number (which may be unlisted in the phone book - ours is unlisted), and your password (people often keep one password for everything so they can remember it). You then send it out unencrypted where any half-competent would-be hacker can grab it in transit.

What can you do with this info? Well you can login to the persons account on the website, change the e-mail notification and delivery address - so that the next time the real customer places an order it gets delivered to a post box address used by the hacker and only the hacker gets notified of the order.

All competent, and even some less competent, web hosting companies provide the use of a shared ssl as part of the basic package (no extra charge), so it's just laziness not to use it.

Vger

Let's see now - what sensitive information are you asked to provide when you sign up?  Full Name, Date of Birth maybe (often used by banks for online banking access), your full address, and your telephone number (which may be unlisted in the phone book - ours is unlisted), and your password (people often keep one password for everything so they can remember it).  You then send it out unencrypted where any half-competent would-be hacker can grab it in transit.

What can you do with this info?  Well you can login to the persons account on the website, change the e-mail notification and delivery address - so that the next time the real customer places an order it gets delivered to a post box address used by the hacker and only the hacker gets notified of the order.

All competent, and even some less competent, web hosting companies provide the use of a shared ssl as part of the basic package (no extra charge), so it's just laziness not to use it.

Vger

I wouldn't call it laziness but not informed. I simplly did not know. I was always lead to believe that SSL was only for credit info and didn't know that you can get shared ssl at no charge. I will look up that information today.

Thanks

I wouldn't call it laziness but not informed.  I simplly did not know.  I was always lead to believe that SSL was only for credit info and didn't know that you can get shared ssl at no charge.  I will look up that information today.

Thanks

the site IS nice... btw.. whether you used or template or not....

My Contribution

Let's see now - what sensitive information are you asked to provide when you sign up?  Full Name, Date of Birth maybe (often used by banks for online banking access), your full address, and your telephone number (which may be unlisted in the phone book - ours is unlisted), and your password (people often keep one password for everything so they can remember it).  You then send it out unencrypted where any half-competent would-be hacker can grab it in transit.

What can you do with this info?  Well you can login to the persons account on the website, change the e-mail notification and delivery address - so that the next time the real customer places an order it gets delivered to a post box address used by the hacker and only the hacker gets notified of the order.

Vger

Doesnt using shared ssl with osc have lots of issues, there seems to be lots of comments here everyday about shared ssl?

Archived