• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cannot start MySql

AllTheAbove

I installed EasyPhp. Yesterday everything was working just fine. I installed all the required items and then OSC. Today when I went to start up the local server, I get an error from MySQL

Unexpected end of MySQL.

I tried looking at the EasyPHP documentation, but its all in French. So, I went to MySQL and looked at the FAQ. It says to rename my.cnf and then try to restart. I don't have a my.cnf I tried renaming my.ini but that didn't work.

Anyone know what I need to do? I have a few contribs I want to test out on my local machine before trying to implement them into my live shop (which actually isn't live yet but I don't want to waste bandwidth).

Thanks

Lori

Open a command prompt window and change to the mysql/bin folder and try running mysql manually. Perhaps that will give you a better idea of what the problem is.

Otherwise do a global search of your drive for the my.ini file, in case there are multiple copies.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Archived