• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Don't understand directions.

cczernia

I have this set of directions in the "Option Type Feature" contributions

STEP 3. Update the Product Options to Product Options Values mapping.

Some contributions require that the products_options_values_to_products_options_id table list the mapping of option types to option values.  If you use one of these contributions, then you must add a new record to the products_options_values_to_products_options table whenever you setup a new text option. Currently there is no admin tool for this step, so you must do it manually.

products_options_values_to_products_options_idproducts_opitons_id

Let this autogenerate Id from step 1

products_options_values_id

value of PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUE_TEXT_ID (likely 0)

It is recommended that you keep the  products_options_values_to_products_options_id table up to date, even if you  don't use contributions that require you to do so.  This is to ensure  compatibility with future enhancements that you may want to use. You're  done with the set up.  On the product  info page for "Coffee Mug" there will now be the option "First Name" followed by a text box for user input.

I really don't understand what I'm suppose to do. Am I suppose to enter a new field or a new record. And if I enter a new record what do I enter into it?

Thanks in advance.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

You don't need to do anything for that step in most cases. Just skip it and see if it works for you.

Jack

Ok, here is the situation. I installed New Attribute Manager v.5.0 but also had Option Type Feature installed. New Attribute Manager had special instructions to use with Option Type Feature. I followed all of these but that last one which said:

b4) It is very important that you keep your products_options_values_to_products_options table up to date as indicated in Chandra's README.html. If you don't have entries in this table for your options then my contribution won't work.

The reason I didn't follow this one is because I didn't understand Chandra's instruction and thought I would try it without it. Now, I can get the edit screen but when I click to submit I get the error:

Unknown column 'options_type_id' in 'field list'

This is what I am trying to fix.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

Archived