• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net: suddenly can't connect

dino705

Hi-

My store has been working great until today but suddenly today, when customers try to confirm and submit their order, they get this error: "The server cannot connect to Authorize.net. Please check your cURL and server settings."

We have made no code or any other changes to the store or server settings. Any ideas as to what may have happened?

I called Authorize.net and they asked me for an error code. How do I get the error code?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi-

My store has been working great until today but suddenly today, when customers try to confirm and submit their order, they get this error: "The server cannot connect to Authorize.net. Please check your cURL and server settings."

We have made no code or any other changes to the store or server settings. Any ideas as to what may have happened?

I called Authorize.net and they asked me for an error code. How do I get the error code?

Thanks.

Weird. Did you ever get resolution for this? All of a sudden I have the same problem...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I also seem to have the same problem and I am using Authorize.net to process credit cards, and i cannot get it to function any longer. It was working for a short while, but no longer works. I get the error, "The server cannot connect to Authorize.net. Please check your cURL and server settings." I am trying to use the AIM method to connect. NEED ASSISTANCE ASAP.

Thanks

I also seem to have the same problem and I am using Authorize.net to process credit cards, and i cannot get it to function any longer. It was working for a short while, but no longer works. I get the error, "The server cannot connect to Authorize.net. Please check your cURL and server settings." I am trying to use the AIM method to connect. NEED ASSISTANCE ASAP.

Thanks

I hate to make posts like these but I'm having this same issue... Anyone?

If you are using GoDaddy, there are cURL issues with them you need to be aware of.

I actually operate my own webserver. I have tested cURL in other php scripts and it is loading fine. I'm getting the "The server cannot connect to Authorize.net. Please check your cURL and server settings." error message. I have also set up another oscommerce store in another directory of the sime site using identical authorize.net settings.

• 3 months later...

Are you sure Authorize.net isn't just having connection issues? When I used them they seemed to go up and down randomly.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone figured this issue out? This has recently happened to a site that I work on. Nothing changed, but all of a sudden I started getting the error:

"The server cannot connect to Authorize.net. Please check your cURL and server settings."

My site has been working fine for almost a year now. Please help if you can.

• 5 months later...