• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL file does not exist (newbie query)

jmg666

Hi - hope someone can help with this. I'm a PHP newbie, so please bear with me. I'm trying to set up OSCommerce on a Unix box and have gone into the Plesk control panel to create a database, having unzipped everything to my httpdocs folder. I've done what my hosting company said to do, and created the new db using phpmyadmin. I'm now stuck at step 3 - New Installation, Database Import and get the following error message:

The following error has occurred:

SQL file does not exist: /usr/install/oscommerce.sql

I don't understand what's happening here - if I understand this correctly the path above seems to indicate that the oscommerce.sql file should be in a folder 'install' inside another folder called 'usr' in the httpdocs folder, but the actual path is = catalog/install/oscommerce.sql

Assuming the path in the error message is the correct one, I've created a new folder 'usr' in httpdocs with the folder 'install' inside that and the oscommerce.sql file inside that.

Is there something basic and stupid I'm doing here? Thanks in advance.

It appears that there is something dodgy about the original error message - 'usr' is a part of most file pathways to the root of your web, but only a part. So it would be part of something like this:

/usr/local/apache/htdocs/

You need to find out from your host what that exact pathway is, and when you run the install and it shows you an incorrect pathway you can correct it.

Vger

OK. I contacted the hosting company, and they suggest that I should import the database through Plesk, using phpmyadmin, which I've tried doing. I've tried importing oscommerce.sql using phpmyadmin but it comes up with an error message:

There is a chance that you may have found a bug in the SQL parser. Please examine your query closely, and check that the quotes are correct and not mis-matched. Other possible failure causes may be that you are uploading a file with binary outside of a quoted text area. You can also try your query on the MySQL command line interface. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem. If you still have problems or if the parser fails where the command line interface succeeds, please reduce your SQL query input to the single query that causes problems, and submit a bug report with the data chunk in the CUT section below:

----BEGIN CUT----

eNqtU01v0zAYrjjmwG940SZ1TG3SpO0YuXVdGJW6trQFcUOO467WHDv4g65H+EWcuXDnwu/hxhuv

g4wzkaq4zvP1Pk6y5XK+TGEcwziBaTZLoQcxxL3+IFit8UErCMbvVikcT4oUzEdREW2YDgXPw2pb

dT5BEvYHYRLGkPR6w6h3FvVR4CwdnqdxDIKVLyG7q+A4uN6v3kxTGIS9MBkGb1dLmK86MLrKZusO

vMvQ6ppQmGQwDJN+sLgepSh9Fva7lYiDxetFjenMMckQFQYw5dLdBdPR7CoFJrvcqO75+fBlNw68

TeupMlSVJdOUhRi79R+uJ99/1rdvvz58rX+4LC8ms39RXz7/SFqto/vCHofAtuLwfFA31Y+wrOQF

xC/SfpLGZ7CtCnFo6ig4QuL4QOzAvGISVsrhH8i6D/u4I5zlShqEb62t0ija7XZhwxIXXmysqr3m

N1sLJ/S5d2/oe8SSCUYMK8DJgmmwWwZXs7dwxSTTRMDC5YJT7Jwyae4Zs/k6S+EUFp4IJbllQOQe

SlXwDafEJwOrUIsb2HDBIN/DlsjiGbLvr1O4nNdC4FCBQLnHjgpXVkA1IxbTeNpGaZBsBxTJN8w0

6QdzW5tLZRmojc9uSY5EY7Wj1mmsEG29SR3mDx/+IoAYDGAs4oguvOXG+QeP5ml6j3BY72NgrxyQ

ooAtQ4LZKicKyFm9hTNwiYuSyygn9NZV9VfTSFAHQwTqE6FuIi4xgxB4p8IVzEQbJ6m3jgqE5Djt

I4FTWCswjPmp25h008YMEt+OnNkdw/fGf3bwQDaduoaGf8277x25UDEtwFDNKwtCUX8GmK4GsTur

SbO7gmtGrdL7h9LbhyHadWdOsLCR0r9s0ppGO4Lf+tgGj2fjhMANyYAegGHD6aRQsm39+XH5CPU8

CC6X8wWsRxfTDCavIHs/Wa1XdfOaGfMhV+r2N0v0ZOY=

----END CUT----

----BEGIN RAW----

ERROR: C1 C2 LEN: 0 1 1034

STR:

CVS: $Id: sqlparser.lib.php,v 2.34.2.1 2005/06/30 16:58:11 lem9 Exp $

MySQL: 4.0.25

USR OS, AGENT, VER: Mac IE 5.23

PMA: 2.6.3-pl1

PHP VER,OS: 5.0.4 Linux

LANG: en-iso-8859-1

SQL: oscommerce.sql?Ϻ?_???_?mBIN???2# $Id: oscommerce.sql,v 1.84 2003/05/27 17:32:16 hpdl Exp $

#

# osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

# http://www.oscommerce.com

#

# Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

#

# Released under the GNU General Public License

#

# NOTE: * Please make any modifications to this file by hand!

# * DO NOT use a mysqldump created file for new changes!

# * Please take note of the table structure, and use this

# structure as a standard for future modifications!

# * Any tables you add here should be added in admin/backup.php

# and in catalog/install/includes/functions/database.php

# * To see the 'diff'erence between MySQL databases, use

# the mysqldiff perl script located in the extras

# directory of the 'catalog' module.

# * Comments should be like these, full line comments.

# (don't use inline comments)

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS address_book

----END RAW----

SQL query:

oscommerce.sql?Ϻ?_???_?mBIN???2# $Id: oscommerce.sql,v 1.84 2003/05/27 17:32:16 hpdl Exp $ # # osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions # http://www.oscommerce.com # # Copyright © 2003 osCommerce # # Released under the GNU General Public License# # NOTE: * Please make any modifications to this file by hand! # * DO NOT use a mysqldump created file for new changes! # * Please take note of the table structure, and use this # structure as a standard for future modifications! # * Any tables you add here should be added in admin/backup.php # and in catalog/install/includes/functions/database.php # * To see the 'diff'erence between MySQL databases, use # the mysqldiff perl script located in the extras # directory of the 'catalog' module. # * Comments should be like these, full line comments. # (don't use inline comments) DROP TABLE IF EXISTS address_book

MySQL said:

#1065 - Query was empty

I'm finding this really confusing - positive I'm doing something wrong, but can't see where or how.

Okay, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that you created a blank database to import the sql file into.

2. I'd advise you to download the osCommerce 2.2 MS2 .zip file from the downloads section of www.oscommerce.com and not the .tar.gz version of osCommerce. Unzip it on your computer and import the oscommerce.sql file via the SQL tab and the Browse function in phpMyAdmin after locating the blank database.

3. If you still get those errors after doing all of that then it's your hosting company that has a problem and not you.

Vger

Hi Vger - thanks for the advice. Contacted the hosting company and suggested the problem might be at their end, but they imported the oscommerce.sql file for me, so I thought I'd then be able to continue the installation without difficulty. Sadly, not so - still kept getting error messages. Have just tried installing using Firefox (I'm on a Mac and normally use Safari, IE at a pinch) and appeared to get a little further - this time I got a page full of warnings and the message "The configuration was successful" at the bottom of the page. There are two buttons below this - Catalog and Administration Tool. If I click on Catalog it takes me back to the install screen again, and if I click on Adminstration Tool I get this error message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/httpd/vhosts/falconbergfilms.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Any ideas?

Jeff

You need to delete the install folder - because until you do that's all you'll see when you try to go to the catalog address (oCommerce is set up to load the install file if it exists).

On the admin side the install probably was unable to write data into the catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file - so now you'll have to do it manually. By taking a look at catalog/includes/configure.php (provided this was written to) you should see most of the info you'll need.

Vger

Archived