• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

weight problem

i'm trying to post the weight for a cd on the product info page, so when a customer buys that item and is ready to check out, the shipping is already calculated for them.

but it keeps showing up as 3 lbs. i've tried 0.13, 00.13, 0.013 etc.

what do i need to put in the product weight that will show up the correct weight?

You will need to change the structure of the table so that the products_weight field is a decimal value instead of an integer.

At current you can only enter whole numbers.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

what shipping module are you using? USPS/UPS I think settings are lbs. There is also the admin config options for shipping/packaging. Have you set those?

I think what you are referring to is the tare weight. It is set at 3 (defualt) just change that in the admin panel to zero (if you want it to be zero) and that should fix it.

F5

what shipping module are you using? USPS/UPS I think settings are lbs. There is also the admin config options for shipping/packaging. Have you set those?

i'm just using the zone shipping

I think what you are referring to is the tare weight. It is set at 3 (defualt) just change that in the admin panel to zero (if you want it to be zero) and that should fix it.

where do i have to go to do that?

this is what my zone shipping currently looks like:

Zone Based Rates

Enable Zones Method

True

Tax Class

--none--

Sort Order

Zone 1 Countries

US,CA

Zone 1 Shipping Table

1:1.90,1.10:6.00,99:20.00