• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

php5 and OScommerce

Rattlehead

Hi guys new to using oscommerce,actaully only getting it now.

Ive been reading that there is alot of issue's with php5.0xxxx and installing

Im running php5 on a Win2k3 with IIS and am wondering is it possible to get it running,downgrading to php4 isn't an option just to let you know.

At the moment Im having difficulty installing on page 3 when it tried to create\import tables from .sql file says can find install/oscommerce.sql

Ive checked forum and came across a post bout this and to go into page_3.php file and change where it looks I did this to EVERY POSSIBLE variantion and didnt find it.

So what Im asking is there anything else needed to be done to the oscommerce php files for it to work with php5

Thanks for your help and Im sorry if this has been posted before, I tried looking and found only problmes no solutions

Not much supports PHP5 at the moment and most hosts are staying with PHP4 for a while to go still.

Not being able to find a file shouldn't have anything to do with whether you are using 4 or 5.

Just select to not import the database and manually import the file from the command line or using PHPMyAdmin.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Not much supports PHP5 at the moment and most hosts are staying with PHP4 for a while to go still.

Not being able to find a file shouldn't have anything to do with whether you are using 4 or 5.

Just select to not import the database and manually import the file from the command line or using PHPMyAdmin.

Thanks for your help. Just one more question I actually tried importing manually and eventually got this

12.JPG

look at the warning lines /localhost\

N.B this is being installed on my own IIS webserver I have full access to,have I placed the file somewhere incorrectly

How did you enter the path separator when asked?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

this is manually installing the supplied oscommerce.sql file

page 1

www address : www.mydomain.com/catalog/

webserver root directory : /localhost

http cookie domain : blank

http cookie path : blank

enable ssl : not ticked

page 2

database server : localhost

user : **********

password : **********

database name : oscommerce

persistant connection : ticked

session storage : database chosen

There's a lot wrong there. Read the 'Quick Install Guide' link below my name for some pointers.

Also, many of the errors you had were due to the fact that your folder permissions were not set to 755, and your two configure.php files also need the same setting during the install and reset afterwards. This meant that the install programme could not write to the configure.php files, which is the cause of all your fopen and fclose error messages.

Persistent connections should not be enabled, many servers ban their use.

Vger

Vger

Thanks for the post but problem is with the quick install\(import catalog database) choice I get the error

SQL file does not exist: /install/oscommerce.sql

Ive tried fixing this by putting oscommerce,sql into every directory + Ive also tried to configure \install\template\pages\install_3.php

as directed in another thread but still woth no joy

Did you create a blank database in phpMyAdmin or your Web Hosting Control Panel before starting the install?

Did you check your folder permissions as I suggested, including the 'install' folder? If it can't be read and executed then the oscommerce.sql file can't be found.

Vger

all folders were given full NTFS permissions

Everybody --- Full Access

and yes used blank database, but already created.

I think it might be something wrong with my IIS installation(not sure)

but keep throwing any idea's if u dont mind,lol Ive been at this for 2days now

I think it might be something wrong with my IIS installation(not sure)

I am - Windows servers are total s**t when it comes to running dynamic php based sites. This "can't find the .sql file" is nothing new, and there's never been a satisfactory all-round solution that works for everyone. And this error ONLY occurs on Windows servers.

The only way to get around it is to go to your blank database in phpMyAdmin, click on the SQL tab, use the Browse function to locate the sql file on your computer and then click the 'Go' button to import the sample database. Then edit the two configure.php files manually.

Your site should then work - until you find the next problem with IIS.

Vger

Yes, but those errors only relate to setting up the two configure.php files. If you set up the database manually and then set up the configure.php files manually then you don't use the osCommerce install at all.

Vger

Archived