• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment Options Help Needed

mralls8

Hi,

I need to prevent the site from actually processing the credit cards. Although credit cards are the only form of payment we'll accept, and we do need to get their CC info, we want to process the CC ourselves. So basically all we need is the order information, customer information, and CC info, without having the site process the CC.

How can I do this?

Also, I haven't yet received an answer to my last post so I'm pasting it here too:

I'm doing ok getting the shopping site set up, but I'm semi-new to PHP and here's my problem:

My main site is in xhtml, not php. From my main site I want to link to the individual category pages, not to the catalog index.php

Does that make any sense? For instance if I'm selling CDs, Movies, and Electronics, I want links from my xhtml index page to all of those categories, one to the CD shopping page, and so on.

I'm not sure how to link to them, and more importantly, how to tell the link to get the SID.

Help?

Just use the CC payment method as the only "processing" that is performed is the cart type is determined based upon the number and the card number is validated to be correct.

If you don't want the last part just edit the includes/classes/cc_validation.php file to return true after the card type has been determined.

In answer to your second question, just go to the category that you want to link to and copy the url to use as the href value in your xhtml page. You will not be able to pass session information between xhtml and php pages.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Just use the CC payment method as the only "processing" that is performed is the cart type is determined based upon the number and the card number is validated to be correct.

If you don't want the last part just edit the includes/classes/cc_validation.php file to return true after the card type has been determined.

In answer to your second question, just go to the category that you want to link to and copy the url to use as the href value in your xhtml page. You will not be able to pass session information between xhtml and php pages.

OK, I thought that it actually processed/charged the credit cards. It doesn't do that?

Also, one more question: I saw in the cc_validation.php file Diners Club, JCB and Australian Bank Card, which we don't accept. Do I just take that out of the cc_validation file or is there more to not accepting those three?

I hate being the n00b! :P

Thanks for your help!

Archived