• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adding another column to product listing

janice171

Hi,

on the defaults products page there are 4 columns displaying:

the product image, 'product name', 'price' and 'buy now'. I would like to add to this an 'rrp' column, could anyone tell me how to do this please?

i also can't seem to find where the 'new products for august' are coming from that appear on the front page. the only place i can see is the 'products expected' in admin, but if this is it how do i delete the products from this category?

thanks for any help

janice

Hi,

on the defaults products page there are 4 columns displaying:

the product image, 'product name', 'price' and 'buy now'. I would like to add to this an 'rrp' column, could anyone tell me how to do this please?

You would need to go down the track of adding an extra field to your product database and front end, this is quiet simple to achieve.

You would need to add an extra row in your database and then systematically go through your admin and client shop and insert the correct coding.

I would look for a contribution that inserts and extra field for example for "author" and then adapt that.

i also can't seem to find where the 'new products for august' are coming from that appear on the front page. the only place i can see is the 'products expected' in  admin, but if this is it how do i delete the products from this category?

You cannot delete products from this box however you can remove the box if needs be..on line 322 of the front index.php for example you will see this line:

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

If you either delete the whole <td> or comment out the coding as shown below:

<td><?php // include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

Then this will remove that from the index page, you would need to do this on any other page that shows this but you can simply find the code in the file using a search tool for NEW_PRODUCTS for example.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

thanks for your response.

So once i've added the new row 'products_rrp' to the database, do you know where i would add this to show up on the page?

and where else would i have to add code?

on the 'new products' question...so the 'products expected' in admin has nothing to do with the new items???

i want to keep the new items on the front page but am just a bit confused as to where they are being pulled from.

thanks once again for your help.

Hi,

thanks for your response.

So once i've added the new row 'products_rrp' to the database, do you know where i would add this to show up on the page?

and where else would i have to add code?

on the 'new products' question...so the 'products expected' in admin has nothing to do with the new items???

i want to keep the new items on the front page but am just a bit confused as to where they are being pulled from.

thanks once again for your help.

hi,

i've just discovered that there is an association between the new products displayed on the front page and the 'products expected' in admin...when an item is marked out of stock it disappears from the front page.

so i suppose items have to be added on the actual product page in'products expected' in admin to keep it up to date.

Archived