• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bypassing Account Creating

Can somebody tell me how to bypass the customer account creation during the check out. How can the customer move direct to payment without creating account or logging in to account?

Ummn, no, that doesn't 'bypass' anything.

That jsut deletes the account from the database after the customer has finished, and actually makes the login page more complicated. I'd recommend not using that contribution.

There's alot of small changes you can make to improve the checkout process. I recommend readins a thread in the tips and tricks forums called 'customer login routines'.

Another option it to use the 'fast easy checkout', found here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=167064&hl=

This isn't a perfect solution, but it's the best one out there publicly avialble right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

You do have to remember one thing - if you cut down on the amount of data that a customer has to provide before going to your payment processor then all that happens is that the information is not passed to your payment processor and so they have to fill it in there. One way or another the information, including address and post code, has to be provided.

If you still want to speed up processing on your site while retaining account creation then you can use the Custom Create Account contribution (link below my name). The only required info is a Name, E-mail Address and Password. All other options can be turned on/off in admin.

Vger

Ummn, no, that doesn't 'bypass' anything.

That jsut deletes the account from the database after the customer has finished, and actually makes the login page more complicated. I'd recommend not using that contribution.

Ummm...well, up until 8/25 it was the best thing I could find in the contributions. Thanks for bringing a brand new contribution to my attention. I'll check it out.

L

Archived